+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What if this is another "one and done"?

still a good year? any impact on Coughlin? does it even matter? Just happy to be in the playoffs?

Re: What if this is another "one and done"?

I'm satisfied to have knocked theEagles, Cowboys, and Jets out of contention. Anything more is icing on the cake. And I do like my cake with frosting.
    Do not feed the trolls.

[quote user="daynemustgo"]still a good year? any impact on Coughlin? does it even matter? Just happy to be in the playoffs?[/quote]

depends on the person. if a person thought we were a 6 win team at best, of course the playoffs alone should be an accomplishment and to be happy. that should also be enough to give coughlin credit.

if a person thought we were a 10 win team and capable of a playoff run, he wouldnt be happy with just a one and done scenario, although coughlin coaching us to the playoffs at least met some expecation. theres no one universal truth for everyone.

question becomes, what did the owners think of this team? the gm?

[quote user="daynemustgo"]still a good year? any impact on Coughlin? does it even matter? Just happy to be in the playoffs?[/quote]

good year?.....you can say that with all the injuries. But you can also raise the arguement they should have won two or three more games they lost. Eli had many come backs but if they played better to begin with the come backs wouldnt have been neccessary.

Impact on TC??? In the media he will get bashed a little bit and on these boards they last season records will come up and say its time for a change. Heck he may even retire either way. I htink they keep him though.

Very happy to be in the playoffs but will be very pissed if they play a **** game and come up small.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'm satisfied with this year being NFC East champs and taking it in a win/lose scenario from the Cowboys.

Past that, I think it really depends how this next game unfolds ... if the Giants get absolutely embarassed at home I could see this being TC's last year.

Short of that however, I'm fairly certain you'll see TC extended 2-3 more years come this off season.

Much more meaningful for Fewell I think, and how the defense performs here (and throughout the playoffs).

My personal preference would be to see TC/KG stay and Fewell replaced with either Spags or another quality DC.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

i won't consider it a good season

9 wins and a 1 and done... thats all i'll remember when I look back at how the Giants played this year
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

I think we should beat the Falcons. Anything less would be a disappointment.

1 game at a time!!

bELIeve!!

I want them to play a good game, if we get destroyed I'll be so mad

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="daynemustgo"]still a good year? any impact on Coughlin? does it even matter? Just happy to be in the playoffs?[/quote] depends on the person. if a person thought we were a 6 win team at best, of course the playoffs alone should be an accomplishment and to be happy. that should also be enough to give coughlin credit. if a person thought we were a 10 win team and capable of a playoff run, he wouldnt be happy with just a one and done scenario, although coughlin coaching us to the playoffs at least met some expecation. theres no one universal truth for everyone. question becomes, what did the owners think of this team? the gm?[/quote]

That's how it should work, but we all know it doesn't.

For some reason, people completely throw their preseason expectations out the window when attempting to evaluate a completed season. For example, thereare guys on here (ahem, sheepdip) who predicted a 4-12 record, yet still createthread after thread railiong on the coaches . . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="daynemustgo"]still a good year? any impact on Coughlin? does it even matter? Just happy to be in the playoffs?[/quote] depends on the person. if a person thought we were a 6 win team at best, of course the playoffs alone should be an accomplishment and to be happy. that should also be enough to give coughlin credit. if a person thought we were a 10 win team and capable of a playoff run, he wouldnt be happy with just a one and done scenario, although coughlin coaching us to the playoffs at least met some expecation. theres no one universal truth for everyone. question becomes, what did the owners think of this team? the gm?[/quote]

That's how it should work, but we all know it doesn't.

For some reason, people completely throw their preseason expectations out the window when attempting to evaluate a completed season. For example, thereare guys on here (ahem, sheepdip) who predicted a 4-12 record, yet still createthread after thread railiong on the coaches . . . . .

[/quote]

well maybe thats the homer in me but I thought even with the injuries we had enough talent to win the division. I never bought into the Philly thing
    Fear the name, appreciate the game