+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Linval and Canty

How do you grade our DT's this year and "try" to take away the bias on this one. Its hard to just look at stats for a DT and say how good he is. Compare to all the other DT's in the league, how good are they? Especially Linval Joseph.

Re: Linval and Canty

[quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"]How do you grade our DT's this year and "try" to take away the bias on this one. Its hard to just look at stats for a DT and say how good he is. Compare to all the other DT's in the league, how good are they? Especially Linval Joseph.[/quote]

I think you have to add Bernard to that group and judge the 3 headed monster but I think they've done a GREAT job personally
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

Osi i think this is a wonderful question and i think we will get a great look at it this weekend against a true power run team.

The east really doesn't run a lot of power anymore.

The boys do but due to injury we saw the gun a lot. Lot of oline injures and the back was hurt.

The skins do with Helu but you can put 8 in the box due to a bad qb - not that that helped us.

The eagles have a great run attack but its a finesse game in many ways.

Now as for Canty and Linval:

Linval - The strongest player on the team has shown some flashes in his second year but didnt grade out so well against the boys which was suprising (see pat trainas blog for more details - she's an inside reporter). He has shown signs but he needs to be more consistent up front.

Canty - Not your typical beef eater - BIG for sure but not a guy who takes up the space mist tackles do. Gets a nice rush in the pass game but must me even more stout against the rush.

Bernard - Has played much better this year and is your typical space eater. He has had some nice penetrations this year on the rush and we will see him more this sunday.

Again i do believe sunday will come down to the guys in the middle - Linval Canty boley chase and kiwi.

To me Kiwi has been our best run stuffer along with boley. BUt my concern is the group is a bit too finesse. You can certainly argue but we have not exactly been good against the run - Dallas only went for 49 but that was down 21 early and in the gun a lot.

SUNDAY will be a great test. LETS GO BLUE

[quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"]How do you grade our DT's this year and "try" to take away the bias on this one. Its hard to just look at stats for a DT and say how good he is. Compare to all the other DT's in the league, how good are they? Especially Linval Joseph.[/quote]Even when looking at their stats alone they both have had good years. When watching what they do on a week in and week out basis you can see we have 2 good players.

I can only imagine how we would do with Goff in the middle, Linval and Canty keeping the LOS in check and Goff storming in and making the play against the run.

Hell even in the pass rush Canty and LJ have been pretty damned good, especially Canty. That guy has been a killer these past few weeks
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"]How do you grade our DT's this year and "try" to take away the bias on this one. Its hard to just look at stats for a DT and say how good he is. Compare to all the other DT's in the league, how good are they? Especially Linval Joseph.[/quote]

I think you have to add Bernard to that group and judge the 3 headed monster but I think they've done a GREAT job personally
    [/quote]

+1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think our DT play is pretty good. I know everyone like to bash Canty because of his contract but he is doing pretty good especially recently (career highs). I like the hustle from Linval (he gonna be good) and Bernard (who I honestly wrote off). I hope they keep it up and even excel. Man if only Austin wasn't injured.

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"]How do you grade our DT's this year and "try" to take away the bias on this one. Its hard to just look at stats for a DT and say how good he is. Compare to all the other DT's in the league, how good are they? Especially Linval Joseph.[/quote]

[/quote]

Bernard has been surprisingly better this season. I'd love for evenJimmy Kennedy to bemore involved as well. Against the Falcons there are some things Kennedy can helpthe defensewith against the Falcons running attack. A guy like Kennedy is a big body who can still clog up space especially with guys like JPP, Kiwi and Tuck drawing attention away from the DT's.

You going Sunday?

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

Bernard has been surprisingly better this season. I'd love for evenJimmy Kennedy to bemore involved as well. Against the Falcons there are some things Kennedy can helpthe defensewith against the Falcons running attack.

You going Sunday?

[/quote]

negatory - funds are low. Xmas dipped so far in my pockets im pretty sure it dug into my *** a little bit

Yea I liked Kennedy too but he had his shots and never did anything with them.

The one thing I REALLY love about Bernard performance this year has been his motor. He hasn't given up on plays at all and has hustled to the whistle. I've seen him run back and across the field to try and make plays ALOT this year.

Kudos to Rocky for stepping his play up
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

Bernard has been surprisingly better this season. I'd love for evenJimmy Kennedy to bemore involved as well. Against the Falcons there are some things Kennedy can helpthe defensewith against the Falcons running attack.

You going Sunday?

[/quote]

negatory - funds are low. Xmas dipped so far in my pockets im pretty sure it dug into my *** a little bit

Yea I liked Kennedy too but he had his shots and never did anything with them.

The one thing I REALLY love about Bernard performance this year has been his motor. He hasn't given up on plays at all and has hustled to the whistle. I've seen him run back and across the field to try and make plays ALOT this year.

Kudos to Rocky for stepping his play up
    [/quote]

That stinks. Agreed as always on Bernard.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

canty needs to restructure...he isnt worth his pay and linval is going to start thinking he is woth canty's money...they are equal but neither is worth that money...not the way they play the run