+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living proof..

Quote Originally Posted by tabascocat View Post
    Hey now, don't go insulting all of us Texans. Some of us do have College degrees and can recognize two bad football teams, well, four in the East.

For the record, I am sticking with Romo, he isn't the problem. It is this stagnate, unimaginative and outdated offense created by the ginger Garrett. Eli is going through the same problems that Romo has had throughout most of his career, no offensive line and a poor defense.

Romo could very well be one of the main concerns, but that won't be answered as long as this offensive scheme is in Dallas. No QB could overcome this IMO. I'm sure Peyton or one of the few could do a bit better but it would not make too much of a difference in the end.

As for the OP, he might be a redneck(as Foxworthy would say)
    If you think Dallas has has the most poorly-constructed scheme in the division, I have a Kevin Gilbride I would like to sell you...

Quote Originally Posted by awsuser2011 View Post
    that Eli is just average QB at best. Hear me out...yeah you argue that he has 2 SB rings, but if you look at those SB runs, Giants fed off of the Defense and especially the defensive line when Strahan was the center of it.
    Nope, wrong.

The defense played great in those two runs, but Eli was damned near flawless in those runs as well. He was absolutely masterful in both NFC Championship Games. I think he had one interception 8 games total.

We've had Eli for 10 years. We know what we have. Some days he can look like the worst QB on the planet, on others he's as good as anybody out there. It's more telling that every time we attempt a run play it's stuffed for a 2 yard loss, it's like the O linemen aren't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Nope, wrong.

The defense played great in those two runs, but Eli was damned near flawless in those runs as well. He was absolutely masterful in both NFC Championship Games. I think he had one interception 8 games total.

We've had Eli for 10 years. We know what we have. Some days he can look like the worst QB on the planet, on others he's as good as anybody out there. It's more telling that every time we attempt a run play it's stuffed for a 2 yard loss, it's like the O linemen aren't even there.
    Exactly. In 2011, Eli had one of the best playoff runs for a QB in NFL history. He broke the yards record and had something like 10TDs to 1 INT. Eli was great in that 4 game stretch. And for Superbowl 42, Eli had one of the best 4th quarters statistically in Superbowl history to come from behind and win it and it was against arguably the greatest team to ever play football. And also had a great playoff run as well.

Eli has reverted back to his old self though. Right now, its a chuck and duck with no stratagy. ITs either a 70 yards TD or an INT. Its why the Panthers secondary of all teams, said they will stack the box on Eli then wait for his implosion in the fourth quarter when the Giants are pressing.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If you think Dallas has has the most poorly-constructed scheme in the division, I have a Kevin Gilbride I would like to sell you...
    Comparing brussels sprouts to broccoli, they both stink. Living in Houston, I will never forget watching Ryan deck him on the sidelines, priceless.

Romo still managed to put up 2 TDs @ 244 yards today even under pressure constantly, whereas Eli got only 1 TD @ 217 yards.
    Romo lost, Eli lost, apparenlty Romo performance wasn't good enough either... what are you looking to hear in this thread?

Hey now, don't go insulting all of us Texans. Some of us do have College degrees and can recognize two bad football teams, well, four in the East.

For the record, I am sticking with Romo, he isn't the problem. It is this stagnate, unimaginative and outdated offense created by the ginger Garrett. Eli is going through the same problems that Romo has had throughout most of his career, no offensive line and a poor defense.

Romo could very well be one of the main concerns, but that won't be answered as long as this offensive scheme is in Dallas. No QB could overcome this IMO. I'm sure Peyton or one of the few could do a bit better but it would not make too much of a difference in the end.

As for the OP, he might be a redneck(as Foxworthy would say)
    You guys have a new OC calling the plays now, can't just blame it on Garrett anymore

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    You guys have a new OC calling the plays now, can't just blame it on Garrett anymore
    It is still Garrett's scheme with a little bit of his dink and dunk style thrown in. Well, a lot of the dinks and dunks thrown in. Callahan is no better than Garrett, he might actually be worse. They both have a tendency to abandon the run, even if it is working.

In summary, I don't think Eli sucks and I don't think Romo sucks, they are both put in bad positions.

It is still Garrett's scheme with a little bit of his dink and dunk style thrown in. Well, a lot of the dinks and dunks thrown in. Callahan is no better than Garrett, he might actually be worse. They both have a tendency to abandon the run, even if it is working.

In summary, I don't think Eli sucks and I don't think Romo sucks, they are both put in bad positions.
    I agree with your last statement. I will say that the Giants OL sucks and the Cowboys secondary sucks. That I am sure of.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

This again lol..i know giants fans can't stand being 0-4 because all of u believe in Eli....ahahah
    Are you related to "Professor" Crue?

Comparing brussels sprouts to broccoli, they both stink. Living in Houston, I will never forget watching Ryan deck him on the sidelines, priceless.

The one thing Buddy Ryan is good for... we can both agree on that LOL

+ Reply to Thread