+ Reply to Thread

Jerry Jones Finally Admits He Has Flaws, but It's Too Late

"I'm reminded of a quote from an insightful movie. The quote reads, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." The original quote came from Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu.

But for this, the quote was courtesy of the philosophical Rafiki from The Lion King. Because, sometimes, we need to resort to Disney movie quotes for simplicity in life.

And although Jerry Jones is the furthest from simple as one would hope from its general manager/owner, the Dallas Cowboys' infamous boss has taken that first step to realizing he's not doing things right in Dallas.

An excerpt from ESPN Dallas' Calvin Watkins' latest article referencing to a conversation ESPN's Chris Mortensen had with Jones:

"As for me, I've got to evaluate my own role - I need to look at the man in the mirror and really be honest about why we keep coming up short."

More: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jerry-j...0546--nfl.html

Jerry will probably look at the man in the mirror, give himself a thumbs up for doing his best and then have Jason Garrett grab his slippers and bring him another glass of Bourbon before he takes his afternoon nap.
    One of these teams is not like the others

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Jerry will probably look at the man in the mirror, give himself a thumbs up for doing his best and then have Jason Garrett grab his slippers and bring him another glass of Bourbon before he takes his afternoon nap.
    Lol.. So true. We all feel so comfortable as Gmen fans knowing JJ is running things in Dallas. Same goes for skins owner. Hoe many times has he dipped deeeeep into the FA well only to end up with egg in his face everytime.

With Philly I was more confident when the Reid and Vick were stumbling all over themselves. With Foles and their new coach I'm not so sure they will continue to fail
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Lol.. So true. We all feel so comfortable as Gmen fans knowing JJ is running things in Dallas. Same goes for skins owner. Hoe many times has he dipped deeeeep into the FA well only to end up with egg in his face everytime.

With Philly I was more confident when the Reid and Vick were stumbling all over themselves. With Foles and their new coach I'm not so sure they will continue to fail
    Yeah, it is always nice for Giants fans to know that Jones and Snyder are still driving their teams into the ground. And I agree with you about the Eagles. Right now, the Eagles are probably the most dangerous team in the division and it pains me to say that. LOL.
    One of these teams is not like the others

I hope JJ does not do anything different for the next 10 years.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011