+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eli is Clutch, Tom Brady Chokes

Interesting analysis. Conclusion is Eli Manning has been the most clutch playoff performer and recent vintage Tom Brady (since last Super Bowl win) the biggest choker. The analysis resonates with me because it agrees with what my eyes of told me from watching the games. Despite Eli's regular season struggles, when he has been in the playoffs, he has been nails. IMO his best performance was actually the Niners playoff game where he stood in there, took a beating, and made the throws. Brady been the opposite. How about the last Super Bowl against us where he threw that duck to a wide open Wes Welker? Who cares if in theory Welker could have caught it - it was a terrible pass. And an easy throw to make. And a throw in the regular season Brady makes. That was a choke by Brady. Eli makes a much harder throw to Manningham to win the game. Anyway here is the analysis - it is pretty simple and straightforward and interesting reading:

http://larrylarry1.wordpress.com/201...gst-elite-qbs/

Veteran
    I never once thought of Brady as a choker. He's a gamer, makes those around him better. The Giant squad Brady ran into was just a little better than the Pats, imposed our will just a few more times then NE. I'll take Brady, playoffs or regular season without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthegiant View Post
    Interesting analysis. Conclusion is Eli Manning has been the most clutch playoff performer and recent vintage Tom Brady (since last Super Bowl win) the biggest choker. The analysis resonates with me because it agrees with what my eyes of told me from watching the games. Despite Eli's regular season struggles, when he has been in the playoffs, he has been nails. IMO his best performance was actually the Niners playoff game where he stood in there, took a beating, and made the throws. Brady been the opposite. How about the last Super Bowl against us where he threw that duck to a wide open Wes Welker? Who cares if in theory Welker could have caught it - it was a terrible pass. And an easy throw to make. And a throw in the regular season Brady makes. That was a choke by Brady. Eli makes a much harder throw to Manningham to win the game. Anyway here is the analysis - it is pretty simple and straightforward and interesting reading:

http://larrylarry1.wordpress.com/201...gst-elite-qbs/
    His 3 SB trophies suggest otherwise.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Angry guess you didnt read a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    His 3 SB trophies suggest otherwise.
    the analysis is of tom brady since his last super bowl win. simply, he has been terrible in the playoffs since then

you too did not read a thing....read the analysis, then comment

You just want people to view your crap blog.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthegiant View Post
    you too did not read a thing....read the analysis, then comment
    Who gives a **** about that?
    I live in Mass. I've seen a crapload of Tom Brady. The kid is about as far from a choker as any QB I've ever seen.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

No way is Tom Brady a choker. It would also be unfair to call him overrated.

He earned two of his three Superbowl wins (not his first Superbowl Championship, thanks to "the tuck rule" GIFT, and his kicker, Adam Vinatieri), and could've had FIVE Superbowl Championships, instead of just three.

But Eli outplayed Brady, in Brady's last two Superbowl appearances.

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    No way is Tom Brady a choker. It would also be unfair to call him overrated.

He earned two of his three Superbowl wins (not his first Superbowl Championship, thanks to "the tuck rule" GIFT, and his kicker, Adam Vinatieri), and could've had FIVE Superbowl Championships, instead of just three.

But Eli outplayed Brady, in Brady's last two Superbowl appearances.
    +1 BBB.

He has definitely choked a lot in the playoffs since his last cheating SB win.

People laughed when I said i'd take Flacco over Brady a couple years back and guess what? Flacco has a SB ring now and has played better than Brady in the playoffs.

Brady had one clutch drive in recent memory and that was to take the lead against the giants in SB 42. He's pretty much a choke artist other than that,
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.