+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Imagine if Tom Brady had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

Regardless of whatever happened prior to OT, it was Peyton Manning that panicked and threw that "Eliesque" INT that cost them the game against Baltimore Ravens. He also did it in SuperBowl against New Orleans Saints. The guy has had repeated chokes where he threw the INT that cost the game.

Granted, there is a huge difference when leaving a dome and playing outside and vice versa. Tom Brady never seems to have issues when he has to play indoors. Since NFL doesn't augment win/loss records, stats, etc.....etc..... then it really is a moot point.

Granted, Peyton Manning is a great QB, maybe the greatest regular season QB ever but there always seems to be some excuse for why he loses in playoff. He plays in a dome. He doesn't travel well. His teams aren't very good. His coach sucks. He doesn't like the cold etc......etc..... there always seems to be some excuse for Peyton Manning.

There are never excuses for Tom Brady.
    Imagine if Peyton Manning played with Randy Moss, Spygate, A great D, Bill Belichick (Arguably the greatest coach to ever coach the game).

What has been Brady's excuse for not winning a championship in the last decade and being 7-7 in the playoffs before this year in his last 14 games? Very average if you ask me. The Pats division is ABYSMAL year after year allowing for the Pats to win the division year after year.

Obviously both QBs are great, and the pro Peyton guys will never agree with the anti Peyton guys, and usually it has to do with them being a Patriots or Gator fan.

I dont like Tom Brady, but I appriciate what he does to a certain extent. What he did this year was great. What he done in the past was great. He is a great QB. But he isnt the greatest IMO. If I could have one QB over the other, give me Peyton who has proved to win regardless of the system or team or coaches. Peyton is the system. Brady is playing in Belichicks system.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Well he better come up with an excuse for not winning a championship the last decade. The fans say the only way he could win it all was with the Spygate stuff. What has he done since? Not one championship.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Well he better come up with an excuse for not winning a championship the last decade. The fans say the only way he could win it all was with the Spygate stuff. What has he done since? Not one championship.
    Yeah, Tom Brady should come up with another excuse of why he isn't winning a championship. Just him

You must not watch Skip Bayless....

How does Spygate have anything to do with whether or not Brady has won a Super Bowl since? Has his play or performance dropped off since Spygate or has their offensive production dropped off one iota?

How much are a dirrect result of him though? And maybe he leads that category because he is constantly in the playoffs? What I am saying is last years one and done was not the result of him. You cant expect your team to score 40 points every game to win it. Peyton led them down the field in the 4th to tak the lead only to have a safety take the most ridiculous route ever and blow a coverage on a hail mary. Game should of been over. What about the "stupid kicker" who shanked one? Vanderjagt? He didnt have Brady's defense in the early 2000's when he was winning SBs or one of the most clutch kickers in the NFL postseason history... (by the way, the Pats 3 SBs were off the foot of Vinatieri.
    That's what you posted.

Let's change the wording a little, shall we?

How much are a dirrect result of him though? What I am saying is that the last two SB losses were not the result of him. You cant expect your team to score 40 points every game to win it. In the first SB, Brady led them down the field in the 4th to tak the lead only to have a safety let up the most ridiculous catch ever and then have Ellis Hobbs blow a coverage on an endzone fade. Game should **have** been over. He didn't have Peyton's offensive skill players in the early 2000's when he was winning SBs, either.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    How does Spygate have anything to do with whether or not Brady has won a Super Bowl since? Has his play or performance dropped off since Spygate or has their offensive production dropped off one iota?
    TheAnalyst also believes that his awakening is what causes the sun to rise every morning.

Banned
    Imagine if Peyton Manning played with Randy Moss, Spygate, A great D, Bill Belichick (Arguably the greatest coach to ever coach the game).

What has been Brady's excuse for not winning a championship in the last decade and being 7-7 in the playoffs before this year in his last 14 games? Very average if you ask me. The Pats division is ABYSMAL year after year allowing for the Pats to win the division year after year.

Obviously both QBs are great, and the pro Peyton guys will never agree with the anti Peyton guys, and usually it has to do with them being a Patriots or Gator fan.

I dont like Tom Brady, but I appriciate what he does to a certain extent. What he did this year was great. What he done in the past was great. He is a great QB. But he isnt the greatest IMO. If I could have one QB over the other, give me Peyton who has proved to win regardless of the system or team or coaches. Peyton is the system. Brady is playing in Belichicks system.
    I think quite a bit of folks would probably place Vince Lombardi over Bill Bellichek.

Why would Tom Brady need an excuse when he is leading his team to their 3rd straight AFC Championship Game? Nix that because Tom Brady doesn't need excuses, the guy takes the responsibility.

Actually you have it backwards. The offensive system in NE constantly changes because of the personnel in it. Tom Brady is the main stay and he has adapted his game year in, year out and is successfull regardless of what type of offensive system and what personnell are in place over there. Peyton Manning plays in offenses that are catered to him. It is one of the points why he choose Denver Broncos over San Francisco 49ers, Jim Harbaugh was not giving Peyton Manning autonomous control over that offense.

AFC East is probably a stronger division than NFC East. If it is so weak and NE Patriots win mainly because of the weakness of it then why do thye consistently beat up on other teams throughout AFC as well as NFC?

Peyton Manning does not adapt nearly as well as Tom Brady does.

You constanly bring up spygate so go ahead and offer some proof as to how it is the main reason NE won those SuperBowls. Also, explain how NE went 16-0 after it if they needed to rely upon it so much.

No one is claiming that Peyton Manning isn't a great QB, he is. However, he is not great in postseason and he is in fact, a postseason choke artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Yeah, Tom Brady should come up with another excuse of why he isn't winning a championship. Just him
    Im just pointing out how dumb it is that people do that to Peyton..... and not Brady.

And here is a gem:

Whether Spygate is this impactful or not, the line is in the sand and there is a big difference in production.

+ Reply to Thread