+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

Matt Cassell....

Also, let me ask you this, if Brady switched teams would he do what Peyton is doing? No. No he wouldn't. Somehow Peyton got better after leaving Indy... think about that. If Brady went to, let's say, Houston, would he do well? I doubt it. But put in Ryan Mallett and he wins the AFC East for the Pats with 11 wins. Again, Brady is great, but is overrated. Not in top 5 all time. Spygate Tuck Rule etc.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Matt Cassell....

Also, let me ask you this, if Brady switched teams would he do what Peyton is doing? No. No he wouldn't. Somehow Peyton got better after leaving Indy... think about that. If Brady went to, let's say, Houston, would he do well? I doubt it. But put in Ryan Mallett and he wins the AFC East for the Pats with 11 wins. Again, Brady is great, but is overrated. Not in top 5 all time. Spygate Tuck Rule etc.
    Peyton got better because he landed on a team loaded with good players on rookie contracts. The team was solid enough to make the playoffs with Tim Tebow at quarterback, remember? In Indy, Peyton's constant success and cap-draining contract kept the team from improving. Everything else you've said is pure speculation.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-12-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli's Giants View Post
    True I do think the media is guilty of overrating Brady especially Skip Brainless and especially his postseason heroics. But lets also not forget that Matt Flynn had 6 TD passes against Detroit which was a playoff team at the time, does that mean Rodgers is overrated and a "system" QB? Or Steve Young, he started becoming a HOF QB when he came to SF, does that make him and Montana a "system" QB?
    I never said they were purely "system" QBs. Brady or Rodgers could probably still make 2013 Houston a winning team, for example. I'm just saying that there's a difference between "Great" and "Legendary", and I feel that Brady falls in the former. So does Eli. Rodgers might have a case to get into Legendary if the rest of his career is like what he's done to date. I think he's the best QB playing today.

As for Matt Flynn, yes he had a great game. Cassel had a great season in relief of Brady. He was consistent through a season many pats fans thought lost week 1. The Colts went 2-14 in the absence of Peyton... Kerry Collins went 0-6 with them, and we all know how much the almighty Painter sucks over here... That shows how much QB play meant to them.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-12-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

A full year of Matt Flynn in the GB system and he's a pro bowler. He might not be as good as Rodgers in that system but he certainly is close.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Peyton got better because he landed on a team loaded with good players on rookie contracts. The team was solid enough to make the playoffs with Tim Tebow at quarterback, remember? In Indy, Peyton's constant success and cap-draining contract kept the team from improving. Everything else you've said is pure speculation.
    Everything is pure speculation. All I am saying is, what Peyton Manning is doing is phenominal. He had arguably the best year any QB has ever had. On a new team, with new coaches. You could put Peyton on any team and he can turn it around. Brady, I am not so sure. I think Belichick is a lot more of the puzzle in NE than Brady while Peyton is the puzzle.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He had to throw it to his off shoulder because the safety was closing from the inside. He threw it where he had to and the kid dropped it.
    Yep, that's what happened.He dropped it. It was a well thrown ball....Collinsworth ( hate to say it) was right on this play.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Only time will tell after their retirements, between these two who is the goat.

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...dys_best-.html

Brady will also be the first one to get in a player's face on a missed assignment. He has that leadership authority.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Matt Cassell....

As much as Brady annoys me I still think he could find success on another team like Peyton has. True, the Pats have a great system in place that if you put a decent/good QB under center he would have success. But Brady, like Peyton, has the ability to make the other players around him better. The great ones, who are still in their prime, will find a way to rise to the top. Look at Favre when he went to the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Considering that Peyton came back from multiple neck surgeries to elevate them to an elite team has a lot to do with his abilities and his ability to make the players around him better. The Broncos only got into the playoffs with Tebow because they backed in and the entire division was just as bad as they were.

The biggest mistake Indy made with Peyton was that the entire system was built around Peyton and when he went down the team fell apart like a house of cards.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    A full year of Matt Flynn in the GB system and he's a pro bowler. He might not be as good as Rodgers in that system but he certainly is close.
    What an idiotic statement.