+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 357

Thread: Tom Brady

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...dys_best-.html

    Brady will also be the first one to get in a player's face on a missed assignment. He has that leadership authority.
    Not the only way to lead, you know... getting in a player's face can demoralize the player even further. Eli's even keel is what kept this team from falling apart in the title game against SF. Can you imagine Brady getting in everyone's face getting sacked 6 times?

  2. #112
    All-Pro BigBlueBoricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Worth, Florida
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Not the only way to lead, you know... getting in a player's face can demoralize the player even further. Eli's even keel is what kept this team from falling apart in the title game against SF. Can you imagine Brady getting in everyone's face getting sacked 6 times?
    No, I'm not saying to demoralize or to pick on. We needed that type of emotion and leadership in the first 6 games of the season. Our Captain's were way too even keeled in my opinion.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

    Get Better #80, Hermano !!

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Matt Cassell....

    Also, let me ask you this, if Brady switched teams would he do what Peyton is doing? No. No he wouldn't. Somehow Peyton got better after leaving Indy... think about that. If Brady went to, let's say, Houston, would he do well? I doubt it. But put in Ryan Mallett and he wins the AFC East for the Pats with 11 wins. Again, Brady is great, but is overrated. Not in top 5 all time. Spygate Tuck Rule etc.
    That point really makes no sense for your comparrison. If you want to compare what would happen look at it like this. Denver Broncos were a playoff team without Peyton Manning. They went after Peyton Manning and when they got him, they added more players to make that playoff team even better. Then when Peyton Manning once again choked in playoffs, this time with Broncos instead of Colts, Denver went out and signed one of the best slot recievers via free agency for him. Now, take Tom Brady and put him there with Peytons weapons and he would shine. Heck, give Tom Brady's Eli's offensive weapons and he would shine.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-14-2014 at 02:44 AM.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Not the only way to lead, you know... getting in a player's face can demoralize the player even further. Eli's even keel is what kept this team from falling apart in the title game against SF. Can you imagine Brady getting in everyone's face getting sacked 6 times?
    I think folks are mistaking this point. Tom Brady doesn't get in peoples faces to belittle them he holds people to account, motivating them. A perfect example of Tom Brady's emotions affecting his team is put perfect display in the comeback against Denver Broncos this season. He lifted his team and fired them up in that comeback.

    Tom Brady was sacked 40 times this season.

  5. #115
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    8,657
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    That point really makes no sense for your comparrison. If you want to compare what would happen look at it like this. Denver Broncos were a playoff team without Peyton Manning. They went after Peyton Manning and when they got him, they added more players to make that playoff team even better. Then when Peyton Manning once again choked in playoffs, this time with Broncos instead of Colts, Denver went out and signed one of the best slot recievers via free agency for him. Now, take Tom Brady and put him there with Peytons weapons and he would shine. Heck, give Tom Brady's Eli's offensive weapons and he would shine.
    See, this is why people who hate Peyton will see whatever they want to see. If you think Peyton choked last year and that is the reason the Broncos lost, you have no idea what a football even is, yet alone what decides games. What, you wanted Peyton to score 50 points? Throw for 4TDs? Otherewise he choked and didnt win the game?

    Brady had time to win both SBs he lost to the Giants, and he couldnt even score 20 points. Maybe he is the choker now? He hasnt won a SB in about a decade.... without SPYGATE
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-14-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    See, this is why people who hate Peyton will see whatever they want to see. If you think Peyton choked last year and that is the reason the Broncos lost, you have no idea what a football even is, yet alone what decides games. What, you wanted Peyton to score 50 points? Throw for 4TDs? Otherewise he choked and didnt win the game?

    Brady had time to win both SBs he lost to the Giants, and he couldnt even score 20 points. Maybe he is the choker now? He hasnt won a SB in about a decade.... without SPYGATE
    I know what a football is but thank you so much for your concern.

    The Broncos/Ravens came down to OT and in OT, Peyton Manning panicked and threw an "Eliesque" regular season head scratching INT that cost them the game at home. No ifs, ands or buts about it. He could've thrown for 20 TDs in regulation of that game and it doesn't matter, it went to OT. When the pressure was on him in OT of that playoff game, he choked. Heck, a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did.

    Peyton Manning is a great regular season QB but he has always been a post season, big game choke artist.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-14-2014 at 10:00 PM.

  7. #117
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    8,657
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I know what a football is but thank you so much for your concern.

    The Broncos/Ravens came down to OT and in OT, Peyton Manning panicked and threw an "Eliesque" regular season head scratching INT that cost them the game at home. No ifs, ands or buts about it. He could've thrown for 20 TDs in regulation of that game and it doesn't matter, it went to OT. When the pressure was on him in OT of that playoff game, he choked. Heck, a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did.

    Peyton Manning is a great regular season QB but he has always been a post season, big game choke artist.
    Ok,, now you sound even more ridiculous. You are basically saying Tebow is better then Peyton. Wow.
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Ok,, now you sound even more ridiculous. You are basically saying Tebow is better then Peyton. Wow.
    No.I didn't state that at all. What I stated was that Peyton Manning panicked in OT and threw a very "Eliesque" regular season INT which is exactly what happened. I also stated that a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did. That is all I stated. I never claimed that Tim Tebow was a better QB than Peyton.

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    No.I didn't state that at all. What I stated was that Peyton Manning panicked in OT and threw a very "Eliesque" regular season INT which is exactly what happened. I also stated that a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did. That is all I stated. I never claimed that Tim Tebow was a better QB than Peyton.
    Tebow threw a slant and got lucky that the Pitt safety took a bad angle on the runner. That entire playoff game came down to Denver's defense thumping Pitt and Pitts defense giving up a few too many Hail Tebows. His other comebacks are better examples of whatever clutchness you think he has.

  10. #120
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    8,657
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    No.I didn't state that at all. What I stated was that Peyton Manning panicked in OT and threw a very "Eliesque" regular season INT which is exactly what happened. I also stated that a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did. That is all I stated. I never claimed that Tim Tebow was a better QB than Peyton.
    Why are you comparing them then? You are pointing out the fact that you believe Tebow is better vs a better defense and with less weapons. Saying Tebow doesnt choke while Peyton does. What else would that mean? Its ignorant.
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts