+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Tebow threw a slant and got lucky that the Pitt safety took a bad angle on the runner. That entire playoff game came down to Denver's defense thumping Pitt and Pitts defense giving up a few too many Hail Tebows. His other comebacks are better examples of whatever clutchness you think he has.
    Exactly, like vs the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Why are you comparing them then? You are pointing out the fact that you believe Tebow is better vs a better defense and with less weapons. Saying Tebow doesnt choke while Peyton does. What else would that mean? Its ignorant.
    No. I am pointing out that for how great Peyton Manning is, he is still a postseason choke artist.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    No. I am pointing out that for how great Peyton Manning is, he is still a postseason choke artist.
    .....compared to Tebow, lol

Banned
    .....compared to Tebow, lol
    No.

Peyton Manning has more one and dones than ANY OTHER QB in NFL history.

I knew he'd had a ton, but didn't know he held the record. It really is quite alarming.

I understand that last week was the first time he'd won a playoff game since 08 or 09?
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-16-2014 at 11:45 PM.

No.

How much are a dirrect result of him though? And maybe he leads that category because he is constantly in the playoffs? What I am saying is last years one and done was not the result of him. You cant expect your team to score 40 points every game to win it. Peyton led them down the field in the 4th to tak the lead only to have a safety take the most ridiculous route ever and blow a coverage on a hail mary. Game should of been over. What about the "stupid kicker" who shanked one? Vanderjagt? He didnt have Brady's defense in the early 2000's when he was winning SBs or one of the most clutch kickers in the NFL postseason history... (by the way, the Pats 3 SBs were off the foot of Vinatieri.

I agree he hasn't had the playoff success that Brady has had, probably because for most his career he had a dome team. The team is used to playing in a dome and when out in the elements, the team comepletely changes, not only Peyton. The playcalling changes, the cleats are different, the grip on the ball is different, wind, ect... Thats why Brees and the Saints struggle on the road, thats why the Falcons struggle on the road, especially in the postseason. Its not because they arent great, its because of the change of the environments. Just my 2 cents. I know it is an excuse, but it is a pretty damn good one.

I just feel he gets a bad rap for everything, even the one and dones that arent his fault.

Again, Brady has had a better playoff career, but he also has had the better teams and coaching IMO.

I agree he hasn't had the playoff success that Brady has had, probably because for most his career he had a dome team. The team is used to playing in a dome and when out in the elements, the team comepletely changes, not only Peyton. The playcalling changes, the cleats are different, the grip on the ball is different, wind, ect... Thats why Brees and the Saints struggle on the road, thats why the Falcons struggle on the road, especially in the postseason. Its not because they arent great, its because of the change of the environments. Just my 2 cents. I know it is an excuse, but it is a pretty damn good one.

I just feel he gets a bad rap for everything, even the one and dones that arent his fault.

Again, Brady has had a better playoff career, but he also has had the better teams and coaching IMO.
    I think there is something to that, as he's 8-4 in home playoff games, but: Peyton's Colts teams turned in 12+ wins for 8 or so years straight. They were so dominant; beating teams at home, and on the road. It often took them until around week 9 to finally drop a game.

So if playing on the road wasn't much of a hassle during the regular season, why did it become such an obstacle in the post season? Why did Peyton's play take a dive? I mean, the guy threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs during his SB run, after going 31/9 during the regular season. And let's not forget that he also threw a game-losing pick six to another dome team in his other Super Bowl appearance. That **** is on him.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-17-2014 at 09:13 AM.

all the arguements just prove one thing....
    Its takes more than a great QB to win it all. It takes a team doing the right things and the right times and some luck as well.

Peyton and Brady are two of the best ever. All the other frivolous bull**** just makes for good arguements
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I think there is something to that, as he's 8-4 in home playoff games, but: Peyton's Colts teams turned in 12+ wins for 8 or so years straight. They were so dominant; beating teams at home, and on the road. It often took them until around week 9 to finally drop a game.

So if playing on the road wasn't much of a hassle during the regular season, why did it become such an obstacle in the post season? Why did Peyton's play take a dive? I mean, the guy threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs during his SB run, after going 31/9 during the regular season. And let's not forget that he also threw a game-losing pick six to another dome team in his other Super Bowl appearance. That **** is on him.
    Well, like you said, they normally start out with a bunch of wins. In September, October, the weather is normally better across the country. Its in Nov and Dec and playoffs the weather changes. Maybe his WRs arent used to catching in the cold, or running routes and cut them off a bit short because they are colder? Maybe the winds kick up and Peyton isnt used to adjusting to that, and maybe the coordinators arent used to it either still thinking Peyton can win the game by himself, when in fact, you need a running game in cold windy games. Maybe the gloves he wears hurts his feel for the ball? Who knows why it happens.

Banned
    How much are a dirrect result of him though? And maybe he leads that category because he is constantly in the playoffs? What I am saying is last years one and done was not the result of him. You cant expect your team to score 40 points every game to win it. Peyton led them down the field in the 4th to tak the lead only to have a safety take the most ridiculous route ever and blow a coverage on a hail mary. Game should of been over. What about the "stupid kicker" who shanked one? Vanderjagt? He didnt have Brady's defense in the early 2000's when he was winning SBs or one of the most clutch kickers in the NFL postseason history... (by the way, the Pats 3 SBs were off the foot of Vinatieri.

Imagine if Tom Brady had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

Regardless of whatever happened prior to OT, it was Peyton Manning that panicked and threw that "Eliesque" INT that cost them the game against Baltimore Ravens. He also did it in SuperBowl against New Orleans Saints. The guy has had repeated chokes where he threw the INT that cost the game.

Granted, there is a huge difference when leaving a dome and playing outside and vice versa. Tom Brady never seems to have issues when he has to play indoors. Since NFL doesn't augment win/loss records, stats, etc.....etc..... then it really is a moot point.

Granted, Peyton Manning is a great QB, maybe the greatest regular season QB ever but there always seems to be some excuse for why he loses in playoff. He plays in a dome. He doesn't travel well. His teams aren't very good. His coach sucks. He doesn't like the cold etc......etc..... there always seems to be some excuse for Peyton Manning.

There are never excuses for Tom Brady.