+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 357

Thread: Tom Brady

  1. #151
    Veteran Eli's Giants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    I had a good week of practice!
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Peyton is now 2-2 vs the all mighty Tom Brady in the postseason. And he is 2-1 vs him in the AFC Champ game. I am just so tired of hearing that Peyton is a choker. It's ridiculously overstated.
    Yes it is.

  2. #152
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,141
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...big-game-loser

    And now the word is swirling...

    Funny things is, for all the postseaon crap Peyton got, Brady should be getting the same. Remember, pre SPYGATE bust he was 9-0 in the postseason, 3-0 in the Superbowl.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

  3. #153
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,141
    Brady completes less than 25% of passes over 20 yards. He's great at throwing 5 yard passes that his receivers and RBs turn into 20+ yard gains.
    Brady's record against Manning has been puffed up by home field advantage. In 15 meetings, 9 have been in Foxborough.




    The same thing can be said for Brady's overall post season record. Between his last two trips to Denver in the postseason (both of which he lost, BTW), Brady has played every single postseason game at Gillette save for the Super Bowls (which he lost). Notice the theme here?




    Brady's postseason road record sucks, and since 2005, his postseason home record isn't all that great either.
    Great quotes
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...big-game-loser

    And now the word is swirling...

    Funny things is, for all the postseaon crap Peyton got, Brady should be getting the same. Remember, pre SPYGATE bust he was 9-0 in the postseason, 3-0 in the Superbowl.
    What a dumb article, it's clearly an author trying to jump on the bandwagon of "lets blame Brady" for New England's lack of Championships since 2004.
    Look at this Patriot team, and tell me you thought they could make it to the AFC Championship game? Majority of people would have said no..
    They have wide receivers that can be mistaken for Mortgage Brokers, a tight end who seems to get injured at the most pivotal time of the season, another tight end who's got a murder charge against him.
    Yesterday's game was his 8th AFC Conference Championship game of his career. Let me say it again, 8... 5 times been to the Super Bowl, and won 3 of them with 2 Super Bowl MVP's. He could retire today and his legacy will be next to the other all-time greats in Canton.
    As for the criticism Peyton has taken in the playoffs in his career, it was deservingly so. Before the season his record was 9-11, so criticism should be warranted.

  5. #155
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    What a dumb article, it's clearly an author trying to jump on the bandwagon of "lets blame Brady" for New England's lack of Championships since 2004.
    Look at this Patriot team, and tell me you thought they could make it to the AFC Championship game? Majority of people would have said no..
    They have wide receivers that can be mistaken for Mortgage Brokers, a tight end who seems to get injured at the most pivotal time of the season, another tight end who's got a murder charge against him.
    Yesterday's game was his 8th AFC Conference Championship game of his career. Let me say it again, 8... 5 times been to the Super Bowl, and won 3 of them with 2 Super Bowl MVP's. He could retire today and his legacy will be next to the other all-time greats in Canton.
    As for the criticism Peyton has taken in the playoffs in his career, it was deservingly so. Before the season his record was 9-11, so criticism should be warranted.
    See this is it. While Brady gets all the excuses in the world, Peyton gets blasted. Its team Peyton vs team Patriots. That is why I consider Peyton the better QB. It is Peytons offense, while Brady runs Belichicks offense.

    There is no denying the feats Brady and Manning have accomplished, but making excuses for Brady is ridiculous when Peyton is getting blamed for every loss in his postseason career. Its a double standard.

    You just roll with the stereotype. Brady is 8-8 in his last 16 postseason games AFTER SPYGATE. BEFORE SPYGATE he was 9-0 in the playoffs. In those 3 SB runs, he had a great defense, and running game. Since not so much, and he hasnt won a championship since and has been 8-8 in the postseason. Peyton is now 11-11 and working on championship #2.

    I agree, the article is probably overkill, but it isnt that far off in recent years. Recently, Peyton has been better than Brady in the postseason.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-20-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    What a dumb article, it's clearly an author trying to jump on the bandwagon of "lets blame Brady" for New England's lack of Championships since 2004.
    Look at this Patriot team, and tell me you thought they could make it to the AFC Championship game? Majority of people would have said no..
    They have wide receivers that can be mistaken for Mortgage Brokers, a tight end who seems to get injured at the most pivotal time of the season, another tight end who's got a murder charge against him.
    Yesterday's game was his 8th AFC Conference Championship game of his career. Let me say it again, 8... 5 times been to the Super Bowl, and won 3 of them with 2 Super Bowl MVP's. He could retire today and his legacy will be next to the other all-time greats in Canton.
    As for the criticism Peyton has taken in the playoffs in his career, it was deservingly so. Before the season his record was 9-11, so criticism should be warranted.
    2013 NE Patriots team had no business going 12-4, which they did and they also had no business making it to AFC Championship Game, which they also did. That team greatly overachieved this season.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    See this is it. While Brady gets all the excuses in the world, Peyton gets blasted. Its team Peyton vs team Patriots. That is why I consider Peyton the better QB. It is Peytons offense, while Brady runs Belichicks offense.

    There is no denying the feats Brady and Manning have accomplished, but making excuses for Brady is ridiculous when Peyton is getting blamed for every loss in his postseason career. Its a double standard.

    You just roll with the stereotype. Brady is 8-8 in his last 16 postseason games AFTER SPYGATE. BEFORE SPYGATE he was 9-0 in the playoffs. In those 3 SB runs, he had a great defense, and running game. Since not so much, and he hasnt won a championship since and has been 8-8 in the postseason. Peyton is now 11-11 and working on championship #2.

    I agree, the article is probably overkill, but it isnt that far off in recent years. Recently, Peyton has been better than Brady in the postseason.
    Its gonna be nice when Peyton Manning chokes against Seattle Seahawks. Whats the excuse going to be for him? Oh. its too cold or windy.

  8. #158
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Its gonna be nice when Peyton Manning chokes against Seattle Seahawks. Whats the excuse going to be for him? Oh. its too cold or windy.
    I think this proves my point. You just blindly hate Peyton Manning and will say anything to negate anything he does.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

  9. #159
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    2013 NE Patriots team had no business going 12-4, which they did and they also had no business making it to AFC Championship Game, which they also did. That team greatly overachieved this season.
    And the 2008 Patriots team had no business going 11-5..... with Matt Cassell
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Its gonna be nice when Peyton Manning chokes against Seattle Seahawks. Whats the excuse going to be for him? Oh. its too cold or windy.
    you really are an idiot, aren't you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts