+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Peyton is now 2-2 vs the all mighty Tom Brady in the postseason. And he is 2-1 vs him in the AFC Champ game. I am just so tired of hearing that Peyton is a choker. It's ridiculously overstated.
    Yes it is.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...big-game-loser

And now the word is swirling...

Funny things is, for all the postseaon crap Peyton got, Brady should be getting the same. Remember, pre SPYGATE bust he was 9-0 in the postseason, 3-0 in the Superbowl.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Brady completes less than 25% of passes over 20 yards. He's great at throwing 5 yard passes that his receivers and RBs turn into 20+ yard gains.
    Brady's record against Manning has been puffed up by home field advantage. In 15 meetings, 9 have been in Foxborough.

The same thing can be said for Brady's overall post season record. Between his last two trips to Denver in the postseason (both of which he lost, BTW), Brady has played every single postseason game at Gillette save for the Super Bowls (which he lost). Notice the theme here?

Brady's postseason road record sucks, and since 2005, his postseason home record isn't all that great either.
    Great quotes

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...big-game-loser

And now the word is swirling...

Funny things is, for all the postseaon crap Peyton got, Brady should be getting the same. Remember, pre SPYGATE bust he was 9-0 in the postseason, 3-0 in the Superbowl.
    What a dumb article, it's clearly an author trying to jump on the bandwagon of "lets blame Brady" for New England's lack of Championships since 2004.
    Look at this Patriot team, and tell me you thought they could make it to the AFC Championship game? Majority of people would have said no..
    They have wide receivers that can be mistaken for Mortgage Brokers, a tight end who seems to get injured at the most pivotal time of the season, another tight end who's got a murder charge against him.
    Yesterday's game was his 8th AFC Conference Championship game of his career. Let me say it again, 8... 5 times been to the Super Bowl, and won 3 of them with 2 Super Bowl MVP's. He could retire today and his legacy will be next to the other all-time greats in Canton.
    As for the criticism Peyton has taken in the playoffs in his career, it was deservingly so. Before the season his record was 9-11, so criticism should be warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    What a dumb article, it's clearly an author trying to jump on the bandwagon of "lets blame Brady" for New England's lack of Championships since 2004.
    Look at this Patriot team, and tell me you thought they could make it to the AFC Championship game? Majority of people would have said no..
    They have wide receivers that can be mistaken for Mortgage Brokers, a tight end who seems to get injured at the most pivotal time of the season, another tight end who's got a murder charge against him.
    Yesterday's game was his 8th AFC Conference Championship game of his career. Let me say it again, 8... 5 times been to the Super Bowl, and won 3 of them with 2 Super Bowl MVP's. He could retire today and his legacy will be next to the other all-time greats in Canton.
    As for the criticism Peyton has taken in the playoffs in his career, it was deservingly so. Before the season his record was 9-11, so criticism should be warranted.
    See this is it. While Brady gets all the excuses in the world, Peyton gets blasted. Its team Peyton vs team Patriots. That is why I consider Peyton the better QB. It is Peytons offense, while Brady runs Belichicks offense.

There is no denying the feats Brady and Manning have accomplished, but making excuses for Brady is ridiculous when Peyton is getting blamed for every loss in his postseason career. Its a double standard.

You just roll with the stereotype. Brady is 8-8 in his last 16 postseason games AFTER SPYGATE. BEFORE SPYGATE he was 9-0 in the playoffs. In those 3 SB runs, he had a great defense, and running game. Since not so much, and he hasnt won a championship since and has been 8-8 in the postseason. Peyton is now 11-11 and working on championship #2.

I agree, the article is probably overkill, but it isnt that far off in recent years. Recently, Peyton has been better than Brady in the postseason.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-20-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    2013 NE Patriots team had no business going 12-4, which they did and they also had no business making it to AFC Championship Game, which they also did. That team greatly overachieved this season.

Banned
    See this is it. While Brady gets all the excuses in the world, Peyton gets blasted. Its team Peyton vs team Patriots. That is why I consider Peyton the better QB. It is Peytons offense, while Brady runs Belichicks offense.

There is no denying the feats Brady and Manning have accomplished, but making excuses for Brady is ridiculous when Peyton is getting blamed for every loss in his postseason career. Its a double standard.

You just roll with the stereotype. Brady is 8-8 in his last 16 postseason games AFTER SPYGATE. BEFORE SPYGATE he was 9-0 in the playoffs. In those 3 SB runs, he had a great defense, and running game. Since not so much, and he hasnt won a championship since and has been 8-8 in the postseason. Peyton is now 11-11 and working on championship #2.

I agree, the article is probably overkill, but it isnt that far off in recent years. Recently, Peyton has been better than Brady in the postseason.
    Its gonna be nice when Peyton Manning chokes against Seattle Seahawks. Whats the excuse going to be for him? Oh. its too cold or windy.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Its gonna be nice when Peyton Manning chokes against Seattle Seahawks. Whats the excuse going to be for him? Oh. its too cold or windy.
    I think this proves my point. You just blindly hate Peyton Manning and will say anything to negate anything he does.

2013 NE Patriots team had no business going 12-4, which they did and they also had no business making it to AFC Championship Game, which they also did. That team greatly overachieved this season.
    And the 2008 Patriots team had no business going 11-5..... with Matt Cassell

Banned
    you really are an idiot, aren't you?