+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 387

Thread: Tom Brady

  1. #351
    Veteran BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suffolk County
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I don't know baout Steve Young or Brett Favre, but there are a couple you could add to the list, like Aikman and Staubach...

    As it pains me to say this, but Staubach has to be included in an all-time great QB list. The guy was unbelievable to watch!


    EIGHT (8) Time NFL World Champions New York Football Giants!!!

  2. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    As it pains me to say this, but Staubach has to be included in an all-time great QB list. The guy was unbelievable to watch!
    Wow, I never remember Staubach. he was great. Could do it all, and was smart at the position.... great arm, great touch, great elusiveness, and a humble guy to boot.

  3. #353
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    47,062
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Wow, I never remember Staubach. he was great. Could do it all, and was smart at the position.... great arm, great touch, great elusiveness, and a humble guy to boot.
    Roger is def. top 10.

    What a clutch player as well. Great comebacks.

  4. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Wow, I never remember Staubach. he was great. Could do it all, and was smart at the position.... great arm, great touch, great elusiveness, and a humble guy to boot.
    I think part of the problem is that he played for the Cowboys. If he played somewhere else outside the division, we wouldn't be trying to forget him here. Fairly upstanding citizen as well as an all-time great football player.


    Man, profanity filters these days are so good...

  5. #355
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    11,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think part of the problem is that he played for the Cowboys. If he played somewhere else outside the division, we wouldn't be trying to forget him here. Fairly upstanding citizen as well as an all-time great football player.
    I did forget him on the list. Would you rate him higher than Brady? Remember, he played in a completely different era where the game wasnt geared towards the pass like it is now.

  6. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I did forget him on the list. Would you rate him higher than Brady? Remember, he played in a completely different era where the game wasnt geared towards the pass like it is now.
    He also played in an era where QBs could get clobbered with no penalty. That's the main problem with establishing a true greatest of all time: each era had its own unique challenges. I still consider Brady as a top 5 of this era though, in the mix with Peyton, Rodgers, Favre, and Warner.


    Man, profanity filters these days are so good...

  7. #357
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    11,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He also played in an era where QBs could get clobbered with no penalty. That's the main problem with establishing a true greatest of all time: each era had its own unique challenges. I still consider Brady as a top 5 of this era though, in the mix with Peyton, Rodgers, Favre, and Warner.
    For this era? Sure. Peyton is #1 IMO though.

    He looked pretty bad yesterday though.Go ahead, OL issues, WR issues, ect...

  8. #358

  9. #359
    All-Pro TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If Eli had Thompkins, Sudfeld, and Dobson...


    Seems you forgot Gronkowski, Edeleman, Amendola, Lafell

  10. #360
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    20,519
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Seems you forgot Gronkowski, Edeleman, Amendola, Lafell
    Seems you forgot that Gronk was out, Edelman was JAG, Amendola was out, and LaFell was a Panther when I made that post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts