+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I don't know baout Steve Young or Brett Favre, but there are a couple you could add to the list, like Aikman and Staubach...

As it pains me to say this, but Staubach has to be included in an all-time great QB list. The guy was unbelievable to watch!

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    As it pains me to say this, but Staubach has to be included in an all-time great QB list. The guy was unbelievable to watch!
    Wow, I never remember Staubach. he was great. Could do it all, and was smart at the position.... great arm, great touch, great elusiveness, and a humble guy to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Wow, I never remember Staubach. he was great. Could do it all, and was smart at the position.... great arm, great touch, great elusiveness, and a humble guy to boot.
    Roger is def. top 10.

What a clutch player as well. Great comebacks.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I think part of the problem is that he played for the Cowboys. If he played somewhere else outside the division, we wouldn't be trying to forget him here. Fairly upstanding citizen as well as an all-time great football player.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I think part of the problem is that he played for the Cowboys. If he played somewhere else outside the division, we wouldn't be trying to forget him here. Fairly upstanding citizen as well as an all-time great football player.
    I did forget him on the list. Would you rate him higher than Brady? Remember, he played in a completely different era where the game wasnt geared towards the pass like it is now.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I did forget him on the list. Would you rate him higher than Brady? Remember, he played in a completely different era where the game wasnt geared towards the pass like it is now.
    He also played in an era where QBs could get clobbered with no penalty. That's the main problem with establishing a true greatest of all time: each era had its own unique challenges. I still consider Brady as a top 5 of this era though, in the mix with Peyton, Rodgers, Favre, and Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

He also played in an era where QBs could get clobbered with no penalty. That's the main problem with establishing a true greatest of all time: each era had its own unique challenges. I still consider Brady as a top 5 of this era though, in the mix with Peyton, Rodgers, Favre, and Warner.
    For this era? Sure. Peyton is #1 IMO though.

He looked pretty bad yesterday though.Go ahead, OL issues, WR issues, ect...
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."