+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What about trading ELI for a 1st to some team?

What about trading ELI for a 1st to some team?

If we really want to blow it up, we could look into(not definetly do) a trade for ELI, and get a additonal 1st rd pick, and ELI is gonna be 33 after this yr, and has been on downswing for a couple yrs and as statue as hes always been, hes losing more footspeed, which i never thought possible. Hes almost Drew Bledsoe out there right now.. In his prime he was a high INT% QB, and now is past his prime. Hes been a great GIANT qb, but this is a bussiness, and getting as many young studs to go along with the Prince's, JPP's, Cruz's..etc, is the way to go.. Were really light on top flight talent, and need to start building a new foudnation.

Thats how i feel, and i love everything ELI's done for us. Multiple 1st rd picks, and a qb whos developing as we speak all ready in Nassib(not that i love em, but still). We could go many diffrent ways, plus we'd have Nicks off the books, and hopefully Webster and Baas.. We could resign LInval Joseph and go from there..

Veteran
    Stop with this nonsense.

That's not going to happen. As much as he gets picked on for every mistake he's still the heart of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother View Post
    That's not going to happen. As much as he gets picked on for every mistake he's still the heart of the offense.
    No one can deny he makes some of the worst decisons in the league. He has even in his hay day. His arm strength is gonna decline over the next few yrs which was his best weapon, and he continues to miss open WR's high. He also continues to have issues with the play clock. We could use a faster tempo QB, and its ok to let go. ELI will always go down as a great GIANT and SB winner. In a yr or 2, you'll be able to get nothing for eli.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No one can deny he makes some of the worst decisons in the league. He has even in his hay day. His arm strength is gonna decline over the next few yrs which was his best weapon, and he continues to miss open WR's high. He also continues to have issues with the play clock. We could use a faster tempo QB, and its ok to let go. ELI will always go down as a great GIANT and SB winner. In a yr or 2, you'll be able to get nothing for eli.
    since when has the tempo been Eli's fault?

I remember when Phil Simms was let go and no one ever thought that could happen so anything can happen, especially with a team that needs so much help at so many positions, so never say never, Eli is not untouchable with his contract and the deterioration in his play. Now with a better O line Eli would do fine but thats not the case here and not likely to be for a while....

The sad thing about this is, not many teams are even interested in getting Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother View Post
    I dont think he sucks, or we woulden't be able to get anything for him, but better bussiness would be trading him now, when u got a terrible team and hes aging anyways, and start the rebuilding process with a bang. It makes a ton of sense.

Yea let's trade our franchise quarterback for another decade of Dave Brown's, Danny Kannell's and Kent Graham's.

When Tittle retired people thought we were one QB away from being back on top again after "the old man" "lost it". Tarkenton came couldn't do anything here despite the fact that he was a good QB.

When Simms retired people thought we were one QB away and would be back on top to the point that Kerry Collins looked like an amazing player for us.

Now fans want to get rid of Eli Manning.... for what exactly? You don't think it can get worse? It can. It has it almost always does.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush boy. Trading Eli is just a ridiculous idea.

+ Reply to Thread