+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What about trading ELI for a 1st to some team?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    The sad thing about this is, not many teams are even interested in getting Eli.
    Certainly not at his current salary.

Not doing anything for the fear of getting worse is only delaying the inevitable, Eli is not going to be around forever. I really don't think he has elite stuff to get it done either, by the time the team is rebuilt, Eli will be too old and ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    since when has the tempo been Eli's fault?
    Have u not watched em a million times go to the line all slowley like hes got forever and us as fans are like "eli, look at the clock!!!" and somehow, he barely gets it off, or simply dosen't? And if he just had some giddy up we'd of been fine?

Eli is a made man in NYC. Get him a quality offensive line and run game he will pick apart any defense
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

Trade Eli for what?

Why do people want to trade our best players for unknown talent? We're not trading Eli and it's ridiculous to do so.
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Trade Eli for what?

Why do people want to trade our best players for unknown talent? We're not trading Eli and it's ridiculous to do so.
    People like chasing rainbows, it's what helped the country cross the Mojave and settle California. Plus now we have an entire generation that plays Madden football games and think they are professional General Managers.

As I said the Giants have been threw this before. After Tittle retired, and during all of Simms career. People always suggest stupid ideas like this.

I am all for making wholesale changes but getting rid of Eli is absurd. Get rid of Eli and watch Reese parade out Dave Brown 3.0 with 31 defensive lineman on the roster and 5 olinesman with T Rex arms. That is a recipe for quality....

Quote Originally Posted by Bing Crosby View Post
    People like chasing rainbows, it's what helped the country cross the Mojave and settle California. Plus now we have an entire generation that plays Madden football games and think they are professional General Managers.

As I said the Giants have been threw this before. After Tittle retired, and during all of Simms career. People always suggest stupid ideas like this.
    It's really insane! Like trading Eli would get us some amazing studs on this team. That's why you have the draft. You don't trade away your best players because the GM messed up in the draft for X amount of years.

The overreactions need to stop.
    Uh..go Giants?

point is, Eli isn't hungry. he got himself 2 rings. anyway, I'm going to get my pain meds.. whew! I can get all philosophical when I'm on pain meds LOL
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's really insane! Like trading Eli would get us some amazing studs on this team. That's why you have the draft. You don't trade away your best players because the GM messed up in the draft for X amount of years.

The overreactions need to stop.
    It won't with most of these kids sadly. And the fact is their is no QB that we can get right now that would be doing better with this team. I said in another thread that the only QB that I saw play who maybe able to make something with this O-line and lack of run game is Fran Tarkenton. Well there aren't any Fran Tarkenton's out there anymore, and there is no one to bring in who could do better.

Who are we bringing in Freeman? Sanchez? TEBOW? I'll tell you right now the Bucs and Jets would both trade for Eli in a heartbeat like these Madden General Managers want.

The Oline is going to be what it is during the rest of the year. The only way to fix it is threw drafting, free agency, and coaching decisions. The first option isn't going to happen till next year, FA isn't going to happen as the window closes and their are no options. The coaching staff is going to do what it can with what it has. There are NO other options today. This "trade Eli" idea is just as stupid as the "trade Simms" idea were 25 years ago. You don't trade your two time Superbowl MVP QB away, especially when there are no good options out there. I know most people aren't old enough to remember the Giants in the late 60s, but there should be a fair amount that still remember the ridiculousness of what happened with Phil here.

+ Reply to Thread