+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What about trading ELI for a 1st to some team?

Banned
    PLAYER POS TEAM G ATT ATT/G CMP PCT YDS YDS/G LNG TD INT SCK SCKYL RATING

Philip Rivers QB SD 4 142 35.5 105 73.9 1199 299.8 56 11 2 6 34 118.8
    Eli Manning QB NYG 4 151 37.8 85 56.3 1148 287.0 70 6 9 14 93 69.1

Oh my, and here I thought we were so far past this after the last 2 years ... must be all those "weapons" Phil has to work with on that team.

terrible thread by a terrible poster.

people love to blame one person when the reality is there is plenty of blame to go around. eli is the least of my concerns. get him a decent o-line and put him in a system that doesn't have his receivers running in random directions and he'll produce.

Quote Originally Posted by talbot View Post
    Stop with this nonsense.
    That's right. Stop it now! What GM would trade a 1st round pick for the leader of INTs? Let's get serious here.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No one can deny he makes some of the worst decisons in the league. He has even in his hay day. His arm strength is gonna decline over the next few yrs which was his best weapon, and he continues to miss open WR's high. He also continues to have issues with the play clock. We could use a faster tempo QB, and its ok to let go. ELI will always go down as a great GIANT and SB winner. In a yr or 2, you'll be able to get nothing for eli.
    lol he misses receivers high because he doesn't know where the hell they're going to stop. the receivers have the freedom to break their routes in different directions and different distances. also it doesn't help when you're about to be sacked 2 or 3 seconds after getting the ball from a 4 man rush while you have 6 or 7 blockers and only 3 or 4 receiving options (none of which are check downs).

also your play clock comment is incredibly comical. do you not understand that is completely on gilbride? pay attention to eli after a play is over. standing around waiting for the play to come in. gilbridge consistently gets the play in late and on top of that usually calls 2 full length plays which eli has to recite. i have no idea why they don't use a more simple approach such as a wrist band to at least speed up the play calling.

eli has zero issue running the hurry up for obvious reasons. the play calling it all done by him and the routes are simplified. amazing how we moved the ball right down the field on our 1 hurry up drive of the game against the cheifs yet we never ever ever use it unless it's a 2 minute drill.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    That's right. Stop it now! What GM would trade a 1st round pick for the leader of INTs? Let's get serious here.
    The Raiders gave up a 1st + a conditional 1st (it wound up being a 2nd) for Carson Palmer.

most GMs are smart enough to realize a QB's stats are directly related to the players and coaches surrounding him.

most GMs are smart enough to realize a QB's stats are directly related to the players and coaches surrounding him.

when you have an o-line that can't run or pass block along with a system that has receivers changing their routes while the ball is already thrown, i think it's understood eli isn't directly to blame for the majority of his interceptions or this team's failures.

unfortunately the same can't be said for a lot of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Raiders gave up a 1st + a conditional 1st (it wound up being a 2nd) for Carson Palmer.
    How did that worked out for them? Now let's talk about a serious team, although, I can see the Raiders jumping in the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Trade Eli for what?

Why do people want to trade our best players for unknown talent? We're not trading Eli and it's ridiculous to do so.
    Uhh, for a 1st rd pick, seeing how thats how u build a team. ELI's part of a 3-9 team(going back to last yr), and has never been a consistently elite QB anyways, and will be 33yrs old next yr, on a crappy team. Ur just gonna waste his last couple yrs sitting around why we rebuild anyways. Mines well rebuild quickly and with as many picks as possible.

I don't know about GM's but theres tons of fans on here who seem to think ELI for a 1st would be a bad idea and we should keep em. I guess you think alot of people aren't serious then?

+ Reply to Thread