+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The sad reality is that there is no way we could get a 1st round pick for him.
    I guess someone might surrender a 2nd round pick for Eli.
    Eli needs good players around him to succeed. Teams with good players tend to already have good QB's.
    Houston, maybe Tampa but Schiano is going to get fired anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Bengals?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Bengals?
    Maybe but the dead money makes it impossible to move him till at least after next season

Tampa has a young QB they believe in. There is no way that Houston is giving up a 1st round pick for Eli. Quite honestly, right now Schaub is a very similar QB. He does dumb things as well.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Tampa has a young QB they believe in. There is no way that Houston is giving up a 1st round pick for Eli. Quite honestly, right now Schaub is a very similar QB. He does dumb things as well.
    I'm not so sure Tampa believes in their QB. And even if they did think he was a future starter, he isn't very good right now. Think they would love to have a veteran QB

We will now have missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 Seasons, It doesnt seem that unreasonable for it to be brought up. The only thing is he is unmovable with the Dead money so he isnt going anywhere
    He can still be traded right? And couldent we eat alittle bit of his contract to help make the trade go through? Either way, i'm just glad you get it.

I had Tampa, Clevland(josh gordon would love life), Vikings, Raiders(they might not be sold on Pryor), Texans, Jaguars, and Cards on the list. Some more then others of course. But all it takes is one. If there is alot of dead money, your probably right, he'll be here. I'm ok if he stays here, i'll root for him like i do every wk, but it will suck if we don't get better and continue to lose with a asset that continues to lose value.

Banned
    Eli's not quite done yet, it's the offensive line and I believe they can fix it. Sorry but I wouldn't trade him but I would start looking for his successor if I had the opportunity. If they continue to play poorly this yr, let's say 2 more weeks I would probably sit Eli and let Nassib play to see what kind of value he has. I don't want nobody thinking I don't realize it's the offensive line more than it's on Eli. My posts gets ignored in this thread because my Bulls smack around the lil Knicks...it's ok I understand. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He can still be traded right? And couldent we eat alittle bit of his contract to help make the trade go through? Either way, i'm just glad you get it.
    The trading team eats all of the remaining signing bonus. That's why there aren't many player trades in the nfl

If the giants traded Eli right now it would clear 6.5 mil in cap space. But they would have 15 mil in dead money (that's accounted for under the cap either way right now)

Next season it would clear 13.5 mil with 7 mil in dead money

And then 2015 it would clear 17.5 mil with 2.25 mil dead money

They can accelerate the dead money to hit earlier seasons if they so choose

The sad reality is that there is no way we could get a 1st round pick for him.
    I guess someone might surrender a 2nd round pick for Eli.
    Eli needs good players around him to succeed. Teams with good players tend to already have good QB's.
    Oh god, i didn't even want to mention that i'd do it for a 2nd rd pick, and maybe a 6th or 7th..lol I watch as teams waste yrs on QB's who just don't have it like they did or the talent around em erodes as money is mostlwy invested in the QB..etc Its time to start over , and start with a bang, by having a heap of early rd draft picks.

I think one team would see ELI like some of the fans on this thread would and would cave into a 1st rd selection. A team like the Jaguars for instance? All of a sudden they have ELi throwing Blackmon and Shorts and Mercedes Lewis the ball and they got a top 5pick and a top 5 LT in Joeckl all ready on board. It would probably give life to MJD as well, weather he stayed or not, would be diffrent story. Point is, the upside for a franchise like Jax is worth at least a 2nd rd pick, which would basically be a end of 1st rder..