+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think one team would see ELI like some of the fans on this thread would and would cave into a 1st rd selection. A team like the Jaguars for instance? All of a sudden they have ELi throwing Blackmon and Shorts and Mercedes Lewis the ball and they got a top 5pick and a top 5 LT in Joeckl all ready on board. It would probably give life to MJD as well, weather he stayed or not, would be diffrent story. Point is, the upside for a franchise like Jax is worth at least a 2nd rd pick, which would basically be a end of 1st rder..
    I would not trade him to franchise like that, purely out of respect for what he's done. I'd be pissed if something like that actually happened.

All-Pro
    Think it would be much easier to cut some guys and build a new OL in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what you are saying here.

At first glace, it looks like you are saying that Eli can be successful if there are good players around him, which I agree with completely.

It's the second part that had me thrown off: this is just an observation about a trade, and not really anything more than that, right?

My assumption would be that surrounding Eli with a stout o-line would allow for him to be successful, and the fact that we can neither pass nor run with the current o-line backs that theory up. There are teams with no QB and a stout o-line (Cleveland would be an excellent example).

But here's the glitch in all this: trading Eli and not fixing the o-line leaves you in a worse position then the one we are in now. Fixing the 0=line would solve the problem on a short term basis (in terms of Eli), right?
    I'm talking about the mindset of some of these proposed teams. Cleveland has shown already that they are accumulating picks since they just dealt their best player. Would they like Eli? Maybe. But there is no way in hell they are surrendering a 1st round pick for him.

My point isn't that he wouldn't be successful at some of these locations. its whether or not a team would be willing to give up a 1st round pick and pay his salary.
    Its clear in today's NFL, draft picks are gold. Teams are not anxious to give them up unless its a huge win.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    All you guys sound silly as hell talking about trading Eli. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I'm more interested in doing what the colts did. Release him at the end of the year and rebuild.

Unfortunately there is no Andrew luck in this draft

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what you are saying here.

At first glace, it looks like you are saying that Eli can be successful if there are good players around him, which I agree with completely.

It's the second part that had me thrown off: this is just an observation about a trade, and not really anything more than that, right?

My assumption would be that surrounding Eli with a stout o-line would allow for him to be successful, and the fact that we can neither pass nor run with the current o-line backs that theory up. There are teams with no QB and a stout o-line (Cleveland would be an excellent example).

But here's the glitch in all this: trading Eli and not fixing the o-line leaves you in a worse position then the one we are in now. Fixing the 0=line would solve the problem on a short term basis (in terms of Eli), right?
    Well yes and no. If the front office feel that our window has passed and that Eli and other high priced players are just wasting away cap space, then it would be in our best interest to dump Eli and draft our QB of our future - but only if we think we have a suitable replacement. For example, what the Colts did. They saw Andrew Luck and realized that with Peyton they had another 2-3 years tops. If they developed Luck, they would continue to be contenders for another 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I like talking about chicks I'll never get as well.
    What's your point......A man can dream.

Hahahahahaaha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'm more interested in doing what the colts did. Release him at the end of the year and rebuild.

That's my thinking also.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Well there may be an RGIII.
    Who knows at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its clear in today's NFL, draft picks are gold. Teams are not anxious to give them up unless its a huge win.
    Carson Palmer was hardly a huge win. Quite the opposite.