+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Uhh, for a 1st rd pick, seeing how thats how u build a team. ELI's part of a 3-9 team(going back to last yr), and has never been a consistently elite QB anyways, and will be 33yrs old next yr, on a crappy team. Ur just gonna waste his last couple yrs sitting around why we rebuild anyways. Mines well rebuild quickly and with as many picks as possible.
    That's so stupid, wow.

That's really really dumb. Eli is a PART of a 3-9 team, he is not the sole reason that the team is 3-9. Who cares if he hasn't been consistently elite? He has won has 2 SB's...WITHOUT being consistently elite. Is the 1st rd pick going to be the consistently elite player you're looking for? You don't rebuild "quickly". That's not how it works.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Trade Eli? Lmao I understand being frustrated at 0-4 start but come on now, put the kool aid Down

You don't keep 10plus million dollar qbs that are leading the league in INTS, approaching there 33rd yr on this earth, and have always been INT guys anyways. The only reason we'd even be able to trade ELI is becuase those 2 SB runs. Mines well get alittle more outta him because of those..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWreckinCrew View Post
    Trade Eli? Lmao I understand being frustrated at 0-4 start but come on now, put the kool aid Down
    Fans overreact to a lot of things when their team is losing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWreckinCrew View Post
    I'd answer back, to think about it, and not just that ur so enamoured with the "history" and ur "fanship".. ELI leads the league in INTs and were gonna have back to back non playoff yrs and hes gonna be super highly paid and even older. Open ur eyes my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    most GMs are smart enough to realize a QB's stats are directly related to the players and coaches surrounding him.

when you have an o-line that can't run or pass block along with a system that has receivers changing their routes while the ball is already thrown, i think it's understood eli isn't directly to blame for the majority of his interceptions or this team's failures.

unfortunately the same can't be said for a lot of fans.
    Are you telling me that it is no longer "in Reese we trust?" Because actually, I like Eli although I had my doubts in the beginning, his game in San Diego his first year convinced me that he was a cool customer under pressure. Now, I am not sure that it is 100% Reese's fault. What GM brings and cuts players without discussing it and getting the buying of the HC? Like I said before, the Giants lack leadership from the FO on down to the field. Unfortunately, the last real leader in the field we had was Strahan and we have not seen leadership in the HC position since the days of Parcells.

I'd answer back, to think about it, and not just that ur so enamoured with the "history" and ur "fanship".. ELI leads the league in INTs and were gonna have back to back non playoff yrs and hes gonna be super highly paid and even older. Open ur eyes my friend.
    Could it possibly..just POSSIBLY be the reason he's been having a horrendous season is due to the fact that we have the worst OL in the league?

It's not like everyone is playing great and Eli is out there throwing INTs.

Banned
    Yep, people fall in love for life with some players due to a few fond memories of the past they hold onto. For what he's being paid, and his advancing age, to keep him and not be able to afford to put any decent players anywhere else because of it, makes no sense. Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were eventually sent packing, if they could be so could Eli, he doesn't HAVE to be a career long Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Fans overreact to a lot of things when their team is losing.
    It might be overreacting if we had a talented team around him and we were a piece or 2 away from a playoff team, but were not, and hes clearly not 27yrs old anymore. He becomes more of a statue as the yrs go by, loses even more accuracy as the yrs go by, and the INT% picks up more and more, from a all ready heavey INT% even in his prime..

Trust me, most teams fans would tell you, they don't even want em. In fact, there isn't one friend i have that isn't a fan of the giants that would want anything to do with this guy. Its not like only HOF QB's win SB's. We've seen backups win em(hostetler), Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Jim McMahnon, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien..etc Another words, guys who are not franchise players for the most part. Outside of those 2playoff runs, hes been no more then a decent gun slinger who at any point can have the 1td 3int game or even worse.

Hes my 2nd fave giants QB, but that dosen't mean you dont know when to say "when". If u can get a 1st, you get a first, end of story.. Ne

Yeah, I'm not a big proponent of trading a franchise QB for anything less than two first round picks. I'd rather just use the picks we have, and use them well. If we get a high pick, we should "Belichick" our way into numerous, lower picks. Seems like Reese needs that additional margin for error, anyway.