+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Could it possibly..just POSSIBLY be the reason he's been having a horrendous season is due to the fact that we have the worst OL in the league?

It's not like everyone is playing great and Eli is out there throwing INTs.
    Hes thrown a ton of picks his entire career, even when we had beastly olines.. SO no, i'd say its more hes aging and its getting worse, then this paticular line.

Banned
    When I 1st read this I thought it said why not trade Eli for some team. Lol
    Which team?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hes thrown a ton of picks his entire career, even when we had beastly olines.. SO no, i'd say its more hes aging and its getting worse, then this paticular line.
    It has nothing to do with age considering he's never missed a game in his career.

If you know he's thrown a lot of picks in his career, then what's the big deal? Everyone and their mom knows that the OL is not helping anybody on this team, including the coaches.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Its supposed to be a deep draft, if we can add a additonal 1st and then get a couple comp picks for guys who leave, we could really start to rebuild a young talented team, that could surprise quicker then expected..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    The sad thing about this is, not many teams are even interested in getting Eli.
    You had a conference call with all 31 teams? A player under contract can't be contacted by any other team unless his current team agrees. If that had happened, do you think we might have heard about it by now?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It has nothing to do with age considering he's never missed a game in his career.

If you know he's thrown a lot of picks in his career, then what's the big deal? Everyone and their mom knows that the OL is not helping anybody on this team, including the coaches.
    because its getting worse?? Before, he could mix in the string of games it wasent such a issue and we had more talent around him to hide it. I mean, even in our 2 SB wins, we didn't exactly blow the Pats out, we used a staunch defense to hold them at bay more then lean on ELI"s right arm.. Its time to move on, or were gonna be stuck wit a guy no body wants and lose out on possible picks that could of helped the development of the team quicker.

Banned
    If we get manziel we should still keep Eli for a year. Then trade him for a MLB or OT and a number 1 pick

Make sure manziel can still do it in the pros

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't know about GM's but theres tons of fans on here who seem to think ELI for a 1st would be a bad idea and we should keep em. I guess you think alot of people aren't serious then?
    You know in retrospect, you maybe right. I remember how Jimmy Johnson was ridiculed when he traded his star player, Hershel Walker, to the Vikings for 5 players and 6 draft picks which they used to rebuilt the team. In the long term Jimmy did the right thing. However, trading Eli now that he is on the decline, I do not think he will generate much interest because whoever gets him will have to make sure that they upgrade the O-line too and that will be costly. Now why on earth the Giants placed so much faith on DD, Baas and Beatty, I have no idea other than the salary cap predicament that Reese created by paying a lot of money to players that do not deserve it..

The Browns have picks to spare, Eli would probably take them to the playoffs.

(I'm not actually endorsing the idea)

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    If we get manziel we should still keep Eli for a year. Then trade him for a MLB or OT and a number 1 pick

Make sure manziel can still do it in the pros
    Yeah, we need that head case.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80