+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Might as well go on record: Are you PRO Gilbride or ANTI Gilbride?

Quote Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post
    Pro. He got us two superbowls, can't argue with factual history.
    Umm no he didn't. That would be Eli and Defense. He just rode on their accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan4lyfee View Post
    Sorry I should have said "Did KG get any HC offerings after the Giants won the SB in 07"
    Some of the best OC's in the NFL made lousy HC's.
    Norv Turner comes to mind.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    I have read that KG's offense allows players to freelance during plays...or has multiple options. If this is true, then we need to move away from this. As stated many times on this board, a player does much better when he doesn't have a lot of decisions to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Exactly, I'm for Gilbride for that reason, he's a proven OC. I'm not throwing him under the bus because of our 0-4 start. Was it his fault Randle fumbles a sure TD? Was it his fault Eli like throwing to the other team 9 times? Is it his fault the OL gets mauled in the trenches? Is it his fault when we get something going we get some kind of bonehead holding penalty or a drop pass by a "sure" handed receiver?

We can sit here and armchair OC all day, and say hey lets run slants, short passing, etc etc. I'm sure these adjustments are being made on the field, and I'm sure teams are game planning to take this away due to our inefficiency in the trenches, and our inability to run a damn screen play. There is a plenty of blame to go around, but it most definitely does not fall completely on Gilbride.

And all those harping about the read and react routes, it seems the only one who isn't on the same page is Randle most of the "miscommunication" picks have been to him. With that said, once he gets in line, I think the kid will be a star.

Banned
    Kevin Gilbride has been a much sought after head coach and the Giants are lucky to keep him.

Bench Player
    My problem with Gilbride, is he doesn't seem to be able to adjust his offense to the personnel he has. This offense is predicated on getting the safeties in the box one way or the other. Running the football, getting the safeties easying up, then hitting a vertical pass behind them. Works great if you have a running game and an offensive line that can hold blocks long enough to complete a 25 yard pass. 3 seconds minimum. However with the current line problems, routes have to be adjusted to have an opportunity to be successful. Gilbride doesn't seem to have that ability. That has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm anti- not making adjustments.
    This, this, and more of this.

I also expect him to customize our game plan to take advantage of our best weapons....WILSON!
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Was he really that bad in SD?
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan4lyfee View Post
    Has Gilbride ever gotten a call for a head coach job from any NFL teams?
    LOL yeah he was 6-16 in his short stay with the chargers back in 97-98...

He was also the OC for 4 teams in 10 years then demoted back to a QB coach with the Giants...

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Was he really that bad in SD?
    Yes.........Yes he was.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread