+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bruno View Post
    LOL yeah he was 6-16 in his short stay with the chargers back in 97-98...

He was also the OC for 4 teams in 10 years then demoted back to a QB coach with the Giants...
    .....Followed by being the OC for 2 SB championship teams.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    .....Followed by being the OC for 2 SB championship teams.
    I knew that was coming... KG has had the luxury of above average players bailing out his below average playcalling...

I knew that was coming... KG has had the luxury of above average players bailing out his below average playcalling...
    They all do my friend.
    Teams with mediocre talent don't win SB's.

Just saying you can't talk about his failures, while making your case and not include his successes. Gotta tell the whole story.

They all do my friend.
    Teams with mediocre talent don't win SB's.

Just saying you can't talk about his failures, while making your case and not include his successes. Gotta tell the whole story.
    They asked what he did in the past... Luckily he has those 2 SBs on his resume b/c the rest of it isnt very worthy...

And lets be real here... Did he win us the 1st one??? Most will give that credit to Spags... Agianst a spygating team trying to set NFL history... The 2nd SB I may say he had more to do with it...

The guy is trash though poud for pound... he is lucky to have a QB like Eli Manning... Without an Elite QB he would be on the same trash road...
    Last edited by Tony Bruno; 10-03-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Grammar

They asked what he did in the past... Luckily he has those 2 SBs on his resume b/c the rest of it isnt very worthy...

And lets be real here... Did he win us the 1st one??? Most will give that credit to Spags... Agianst a spygating team trying to set NFL history... The 2nd SB I may say he had more to do with it...

The guy is trash though poud for pound... he is lucky to have a QB like Eli Manning... Without an Elite QB he would be on the same trash road...
    He doesn't have an elite QB. He has a capable but flawed QB. He has devised a scheme built around our QB's strengths.

Is he a great OC?....Absolutely not. Does he make good adjustments during the game? No he doesn't. I don't even like his scheme very much but we have a QB who is a downfield passer so he's devised a downfield passing scheme.
    I disagree with a lot of what he does but I respect his ability and I acknowledge his role in our success over the years.

He doesn't have an elite QB. He has a capable but flawed QB. He has devised a scheme built around our QB's strengths.

Is he a great OC?....Absolutely not. Does he make good adjustments during the game? No he doesn't. I don't even like his scheme very much but we have a QB who is a downfield passer so he's devised a downfield passing scheme.
    I disagree with a lot of what he does but I respect his ability and I acknowledge his role in our success over the years.
    Eli is Elite... At least to me he is... And from what I just read:

Great OC - No
    Adjustments - No
    Scheme - No
    What he does - No

What do you like about him??? The guy is trash plain and simple... His record in his past without a Elite QB shows it...

This is the same guy that said "the pass sets up the run"??? What a bafoon... You see what his O does when he doesnt have an elite team in front of him... Eli needs an OC that allows him to run the game in no huddle... Not just whe we are down in the last 2 minutes...

Veteran
    I think the Gilbride offensive philosophy works well when you have a good O-line and running game. Since we do not have these essential pieces, you have to be able to adjust, and he has not shown the capability to do this. Therefore I am ANTI -Gilbride until we get a running game back.

Eli is Elite... At least to me he is... And from what I just read:

Great OC - No
    Adjustments - No
    Scheme - No
    What he does - No

What do you like about him??? The guy is trash plain and simple... His record in his past without a Elite QB shows it...

This is the same guy that said "the pass sets up the run"??? What a bafoon... You see what his O does when he doesnt have an elite team in front of him... Eli needs an OC that allows him to run the game in no huddle... Not just whe we are down in the last 2 minutes...
    Its not that I like him.......Its that I refuse to blame him for an O line that's getter pushed around. He's an easy scapegoat these days and I feel I need to call that out.
    What do I like about him? He's been the OC for an offense that is dynamic and generally high scoring.

In the past, I was against KG until the second Superbowl and the many years his offense has been one of the top scoring offenses. One season means nothing to me. Have to wait at least three years.

Yes.........Yes he was.
    And so where other coaches after him wich mean that organization been so bad that Eli didn't want to go there.