+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Reese absolutely destroyed the Superbowl contender he inherited

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    So you think Jerry thought when he signed Cruz that he had a future stud that would break Giants receiving records. Is that the argument you are proposing?
    No, my argument is he saw a talented player that stood out, so he brought him in.

Any other team in the league could have done that. But they didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its way more Reese than that, especially considering Reese was in charge of scouting since the 04 draft when they got Eli.
    Eli was ALL Accorsi.....Ernie wrote up the scouting report on Eli himself. Lord knows what the hell Reese would have done with that 4th pick....considering some of his recent drafts, I'd imagine he might have had traded down and taken Roy Williams or DeAngelo Hall.

I will give credit to Reese for scouting players, but the picks and free agents were still Accorsi's call.

Also, hiring Coughlin was Ernie's decision, and I think he turned this team around, just as he has everywhere he's gone....the guy can coach.

In my opinion, Accorsi was better than Young and Reese.

After further review..........my numbers stand as called.

Without Coughlin & Manning.....0 Super Bowls for Reese.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-01-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Eli was ALL Accorsi.....Ernie wrote up the scouting report on Eli himself.

I will give credit to Reese for scouting players, but the picks and free agents were still Accorsi's call.

Also, hiring Coughlin was Ernie's decision, and I think he turned this team around, just as he has everywhere he's gone....the guy can coach.

In my opinion, Accorsi was better than Young and Reese.

After further review..........my numbers stand as called.

Without Coughlin & Manning.....0 Super Bowls for Reese.
    Even if Eli was all Ernie, you still have to credit Reese for the following draft of Webster + Tuck + Jacobs.

This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we don't win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for what JR has done no SB during this TC era.

Quote Originally Posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
    This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we done win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for JR has done no SB during this TC era.
    Plus the team had Arrington + Emmons + Pettigout under contract, and had just lost Tiki.

Plus Reese managed to keep enough of that team together by resigning guys to win another SB. Somehow that gets completely overlooked.

No, my argument is he saw a talented player that stood out, so he brought him in.

Any other team in the league could have done that. But they didnt.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2012/2/25/28...s-a-local-udfa

In this article JR states "If Victor wasn't a local free agent, we wouldn't have brought him in. Sometimes you get lucky." I just foung this now, but I guess you should apologize to the poster above who said exactly this, and you ridiculed him.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/2012/2/25/28...s-a-local-udfa

In this article JR states "If Victor wasn't a local free agent, we wouldn't have brought him in. Sometimes you get lucky." I just foung this now, but I guess you should apologize to the poster above who said exactly this, and you ridiculed him.
    Sigh. So Reese gets no credit for late or undrafted players being good. And doesnt get credit for early picks being good "because everyone drafted early should be good"

So how, exactly, can he ever have a good pick?

This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we don't win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for what JR has done no SB during this TC era.
    No Coughlin, No Manning, No Super Bowl for Reese in 2007.

In 2011, it was much of the same.....actually moreso, because Reese was already falling behind the curve....the offensive line was starting to age, the defense was starting to get soft, and injuries were taking their toll.

If not for a masterful coaching job by Coughlin, and a career season by Eli, they would have NEVER gotten to 9-7. They barely made the playoffs, and then, Ernie's vets once again got the job done in the clutch.

I still think Reese is a good GM, but he's made some lame decisions, and they are now really hurting this team. He doesn't deserve the lion's share of credit for 2007 and 2011, and it looks like he's really crapped the bed with the 2013 roster.

The biggest difference between 2011 and 2013 is that Reese can't keep leaning on Ernie's offensive and defensive lines anymore.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-01-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

So you are happy with the team Reese has assembled this year? Or can you admit HE COMPLETELY SCREWED UP.

All-Pro
    Sigh. So Reese gets no credit for late or undrafted players being good. And doesnt get credit for early picks being good "because everyone drafted early should be good"

So how, exactly, can he ever have a good pick?
    Somebody hating on Reese, it sucks we having a bad year, but some of the stuff on here is crazy...

+ Reply to Thread