+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Sigh. So Reese gets no credit for late or undrafted players being good. And doesnt get credit for early picks being good "because everyone drafted early should be good"

So how, exactly, can he ever have a good pick?
    I never said that, I am simply not gonna call him a genious for getting lucky with Cruz.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
    This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we don't win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for what JR has done no SB during this TC era.
    Amen.. The idiocy here has shot up to enormous levels in recent weeks.

I've never heard of a GM not being able to to take credit for a Super Bowl win that happened 4 years into his tenure, and like you said.. he deserves credit for putting the pieces into place that helped us win SB42.

It's one thing to blame him for letting the LB and Oline sinking talent wise, I can't argue with that.. but some of things being said here are just stupid

How many GMs in the league have 2 rings and never had a losing season?

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I never said that, I am simply not gonna call him a genious for getting lucky with Cruz.
    It was both. he didnt have to invite cruz at all. Something with Cruz stood out to the scouts, so they recommended he be brought in.

That they didnt expect him to be a probowl receiver doesnt mean they didnt expect him to have some upside

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Amen.. The idiocy here has shot up to enormous levels in recent weeks.

I've never heard of a GM not being able to to take credit for a Super Bowl win that happened 4 years into his tenure, and like you said.. he deserves credit for putting the pieces into place that helped us win SB42.

It's one thing to blame him for letting the LB and Oline sinking talent wise, I can't argue with that.. but some of things being said here are just stupid

How many GMs in the league have 2 rings and never had a losing season?
    How many GMs have "won" 2 Super Bowls with a Coach and QB they didn't pick?....that would be an awesome trivia question.

Reese deserves some credit for 2007 and 2011.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    How many GMs have "won" 2 Super Bowls with a Coach and QB they didn't pick?....that would be an awesome trivia question.

He kept both Coughlin and Eli. Lets not pretend either was lighting it up before 07. Pretty much all of NY was calling for Coughlins head after 06. And Eli was probably the most ragged on player in the NFL.

As for current GMs with 2 SB rings? There isnt anyone. Nevermind one with a QB or coach that was there before they became GM

It was both. he didnt have to invite cruz at all. Something with Cruz stood out to the scouts, so they recommended he be brought in.

That they didnt expect him to be a probowl receiver doesnt mean they didnt expect him to have some upside
    That something stood out so much, that he goes on record to say, if he wasn't local they wouldn't have brought him in. Yep, they felt very strongly about him.

Hey I give JR all the credit for the two SBs, but the last two years I think he has done a real bad job.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

sure, key word being "some"...

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    That something stood out so much, that he goes on record to say, if he wasn't local they wouldn't have brought him in. Yep, they felt very strongly about him.
    Because the giants bring in all the local players. lol

Like I said, if you want to give Reese no credit for any of the players hes found being good, sure. But it works both ways. Cant complain about his "poor drafting" when its all just luck anyway, according to you.

Veteran
    If we win the Super Bowl this year, Reese doesn't deserve any credit

Because Accorsi drafted Eli and hired and Coughlin..

Because the giants bring in all the local players. lol

Like I said, if you want to give Reese no credit for any of the players hes found being good, sure. But it works both ways. Cant complain about his "poor drafting" when its all just luck anyway, according to you.
    I didn't say its all luck, but regarding Cruz, Jerry says he had him rated just like all of the other teams. It's right there in his quote!