+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue10Eli View Post
    Look at the guys drafted recently. These are all our draft picks in round 1-4 from 2007-11. You should be getting a starting player more often then not:

Aaron Ross- Not a starting caliber CB, not worthy of a 1st rounder
    Steve Smith- out of the league
    Jay Alford- out of the league
    Zak Deossie- long snapper

Kenny Phillips- bust, probably headed out of the league
    Terrell Thomas- walking injury, but I do like him and hold hope for the future.
    Mario Manningham- 3rd WR who has done nothing since leaving the Giants
    Bryan Kehl- out of the league

Hakeem Nicks- very good player, unfortunately I dont think we will be able to keep him after the season
    Clint Sintim- bust, out of the league
    Will Beatty- bust, doubled down on this mistake with a horrible contract
    Ramses Barden- out of the league
    Travis Beckum- out of the league
    Andre Brown- under 500 yards in his entire career, solid 3rd back when healthy.

JPP- Not sold on him. One good season two years ago. We had better options #13 overall (Pouncey or Buluga would have been great).
    Linval Joseph- good DT
    Chad Jones- N/A, unrelated issues.
    Philip Dillard- out of the league

Prince- Looking to be a good pick. Fell into our lap, but a good pick
    Marvin Austin- bust
    Jernel Jerrigan- bust
    James Brewer- certainly not off to a good start

No "hidden gems" from this time period either (outside of Bradshaw in 07). There is nobody drafted in rounds 5 through 7 in those years is even on the team outside of Jacquan Williams.

Its just not good enough. We need to get a new GM in to rebuild the team.
    Wow ok...

Steve Smith helped us win a superbowl, crucial 3rd down play his rookie year that game.
    Kenny Phillips helped win 2 superbowls, not a bust, problem with injuries that will shorten his career yes.
    Aaron Ross stepped up when needs helped win 2 superbowls.
    TT was a very good player before injuries.
    Manningham huge part in winning a superbowl.
    Bryan Kehl is NOT out of the league
    Deossie probowl long snapper, last time i checked us Giants fans were know exactly how important a good snap is.

I could go on but I don't think your capable of realizing the stupidity of this post

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Wow ok...

Steve Smith helped us win a superbowl, crucial 3rd down play his rookie year that game.
    Kenny Phillips helped win 2 superbowls, not a bust, problem with injuries that will shorten his career yes.
    Aaron Ross stepped up when needs helped win 2 superbowls.
    TT was a very good player before injuries.
    Manningham huge part in winning a superbowl.
    Bryan Kehl is NOT out of the league
    Deossie probowl long snapper, last time i checked us Giants fans were know exactly how important a good snap is.

I could go on but I don't think your capable of realizing the stupidity of this post
    I don't disagree that Reese has had too many bad picks, but Smith, Phillips, TT, and Manningham should not be on this list. Ross should be. Yes he made some plays, but for a 1st round pick he was a major disappointment.

Right i agree he has made bad picks there is definatley not any denying that, but more thatn half these guys helped us win superbowls or are currently key players on the current team. This guys list should be severly shortened

Another stupid thread. get a grip people.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    That is perhaps the most terrible "summary" of the draft picks I have ever seen.
    +1 Under this mass of manure thread and replies there is someone willing to expose the truth.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I don't disagree that Reese has had too many bad picks, but Smith, Phillips, TT, and Manningham should not be on this list. Ross should be. Yes he made some plays, but for a 1st round pick he was a major disappointment.
    Ross is awful. His best year was his first year, and that is never a good thing. How could you even legitimize this thread with a response Moosedrool? I expect better of a PFF guy. Have the guys he listed as busts had career ending injuries. For God sake he said KP was a bust! That alone should get this guy banned from the board.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Ross is awful. His best year was his first year, and that is never a good thing. How could you even legitimize this thread with a response Moosedrool? I expect better of a PFF guy. Have the guys he listed as busts had career ending injuries. For God sake he said KP was a bust! That alone should get this guy banned from the board.
    Ross played well in both SB runs. And he's been quite good so far this season.

No he wasn't that great in the second run. He played good enough, but still below the expectations we had for him when we drafted him. He got torched more than a few times in 2011.

Dude, what games are you looking at? He's been getting smoked this year. I'm preying for C-Web to get back. He's a good 3rd CB.

I agree.

Seems to me that the biggest knock on Ross is that he was never a shutdown corner. Nevermind the fact that besides Darelle Revis, that sort of CB doesn't exist with today's passing rules.

Ross is usually on his guy, with decent coverage, plays physical, and is durable. He's a guy that will give up some plays, but make some plays.

Frankly, I think he's a terrific #3 out there with Prince and Webster. Most teams would kill to have someone like Ross 3 deep.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell