+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Win Over Eagles Is All Giants Need

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1474821

Excerpt: "This time, there was no chest-beating, and there were no guarantees that the Giants would beat the Eagles for their first win of this embarrassing season. And there were no bold proclamations.

There is no room for any of that now, and Jason Pierre-Paul knows it. The stakes will simply be too high on Sunday, when the Giants face the Philadelphia Eagles, because both teams know that their fading playoff hopes will essentially be on the line at MetLife Stadium.

“Right now, we’re both playing to save our seasons basically,” JPP said Wednesday. “NFC East, it’s crazy. But we’re both playing to save our seasons. We’re both playing for something, basically.

“This is a must-win game,” he said. “And when I say ‘must-win game,’ it is a must-win game.”

It’s the latest and most important in a string of failed must-win games for these 0-4 Giants. They continue to believe that one victory can jump-start their season, that if they can win here, they can run off a streak of wins and jump back into the thick of a division that’s come to be known as the NFC Least.
    Victor Cruz even said he still “100%” believes this Giants team can make the playoffs.

It all seems entirely possible — even probable — this Sunday, because the division-leading Cowboys face what seems like an unstoppable Denver Broncos team. If the Giants win and the Cowboys fall, Big Blue is just one game out of the NFC East lead." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    If the Giants win and the Cowboys fall, Big Blue is just one game out of the NFC East lead."
    And if my aunt had....

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    And if my aunt had....
    Why not take the positive approach? The Cowboys are playing the Broncos and the Eagles are beatable.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why not take the positive approach? The Cowboys are playing the Broncos and the Eagles are beatable.
    So are the Giants. :-(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I have given up on that...now trying reverse psychology...whatever it takes. I will gladly display egg on the face for a win.

It's definitely must win. Glad they recognize that. Now do something about it.

it "all the Giants need" for this week......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

While i agree that we could be one game out, and prime for some kind of turn around, wasn't last week a "must win" game? How did that work?
    XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI
    GIANTS CHAMPS!!!!

Giants may end up winning this one (thanks in a huge way to the Eagle's having just as bad of a pass defense), but don't get too optimistic about any streaks occuring. Bears and Vikings to visit right after, and we seem to do well against the run.