+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another team making a move for a top-notch lineman! Crap!

Nothing = nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants gave up nothing to bring in that center. Ravens could have potentially given up quite a bit.
    I don't follow Jax really. I was under the impression that Monroe was a disappointment.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    I agree with you but my point is that they go out and add Tallent to shore up a weakness. We go out and bring in the worst center in the league to replace another bad center. Going backwards.
    I guess, but we don't know what's going on behind closed doors, either. That's not to say that I believe Reese was making 31 phone calls, but if Dallas Reynolds is his solution to the problem, then there's certainly a perceptual disparity between Reese and...the entire fan-base, as it pertains to the OL-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't follow Jax really. I was under the impression that Monroe was a disappointment.
    Hes been a pretty good player. After Jax drafted Joeckel though, the writing was on the wall.

Same thing will happen in KC with Albert, and eventually in Philly with Jason Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He sorta-kinda was, but he's turned it around, for the most part. He used to be a pressure machine.

Eben Britton was the real disappointment for Jax; they drafted Monroe/Britton to be their bookends, and it clearly didn't play out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Hes been a pretty good player. After Jax drafted Joeckel though, the writing was on the wall.

Same thing will happen in KC with Albert, and eventually in Philly with Jason Peters
    Yep. I was just about to comment on how all these tackles that went top-5 went to teams with established LTs.

Hell, same with Pugh.

I'm sure the Ravens only made that move because Reese's masterstroke denied them the chance to sign Dallas Reynolds.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Ravens acquired LT Eugene Monroe from the Jaguars for "multiple third-day draft picks."

Great trade for the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Ravens acquired LT Eugene Monroe from the Jaguars for "multiple third-day draft picks."
    AKA, "Giants linebackers".

Ok, I'm done.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Why was this thread moved?

+ Reply to Thread