+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants organization finally sends a message to players by...

Giants organization finally sends a message to players by...

Cutting Darell Scott???

Scott made his first career start against the Chiefs. He finished the game with 26 rushing yards on five carries and caught one pass for zero yards. In four games, Scott’s 56 rushing yards on 10 carries were second on the team to David Wilson’s 130 yards. Scott also had 10 receptions for 98 yards, including his first career touchdown on a 23-yard pass from Eli Manning vs. Denver on Sept. 15.

So.... You start a guy, who rushed for 5 yards a carry, then you cut him? Isn't he like the last guy besides cruz to catch an Eli manning TD catch?

Pretty funny! I thought D'Scott was the only guy over-achieving on this roster. Nothing spectacular but still better then wilson, or jacobs, or like everyone else on the field.

Wake up call for everyone with a big contract and does not produce! Giants will cut your teammates if you dont shape up!

It's a well known fact that NFL owners like to see their money on the field, and not on the bench or getting physical therapy during a game.

The Giants are better than many teams in this respect, but the adage holds true that if you get paid, you play. . .whether you're hurt or you just plain stink.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Cutting Darell Scott???

Scott made his first career start against the Chiefs. He finished the game with 26 rushing yards on five carries and caught one pass for zero yards. In four games, Scott’s 56 rushing yards on 10 carries were second on the team to David Wilson’s 130 yards. Scott also had 10 receptions for 98 yards, including his first career touchdown on a 23-yard pass from Eli Manning vs. Denver on Sept. 15.

So.... You start a guy, who rushed for 5 yards a carry, then you cut him? Isn't he like the last guy besides cruz to catch an Eli manning TD catch?

Pretty funny! I thought D'Scott was the only guy over-achieving on this roster. Nothing spectacular but still better then wilson, or jacobs, or like everyone else on the field.

Wake up call for everyone with a big contract and does not produce! Giants will cut your teammates if you dont shape up!
    The stats lie. Scott has been in games late when the scores were out of hand and defenses didn't have to even try to defend the run. That padded his stats. From a yards after contact standpoint, Wilson has been much better.

He also had a hand to play in 3 turnovers thus far and while many here seem to think he could pass protect, his man has gotten to the Qb 4 times this year, the worst number of any back on the team.

Banned
    When you are a guy who only made the team because another guy in front of you breaks his leg in the preseason, you can't afford to do what he did at the end of the Dallas game, then drop another screen pass and fumble a couple weeks later. He was given his chances, he'll regret not taking advantage of them.

Bench Player
    when you fumble a handoff that the qb places in your stomach right between your arms you deserve to be cut.

I've always liked Scott's speed but somehow it never translated. If it weren't for Andre's injury he would have never made the final 53.... Just an early cut to make room for a backup center, which indicates that Baas may be out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Cutting Darell Scott???

I'm not sure how he was overachieving when he dropped two or more passes and couldn't take a hand off from Eli last week.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I've always liked Scott's speed but somehow it never translated. If it weren't for Andre's injury he would have never made the final 53.... Just an early cut to make room for a backup center, which indicates that Baas may be out for a while.
    Somehow his speed never translated? Maybe because he never really had a shot. Finally he gets a chance this year and has one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the NFL. Not really his fault. The fumbles? Maybe he is shell shocked like QBs are sometimes by there being 3 guys in the backfield before he touches the ball. I dont know, but I do remember a fake punt he took to the house in preseason and that screen pass to him earlier he took to the house. DAvid Wilsons speed also isnt translating.... Id say it is the offense. No way Wilson should not be a playmaker or at least getting more touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    It's because he was never a burst guy. And never had the balance to break tackles. Got tripped up way too easily like Jacobs did.

Really. Scott and Jacobs are quite similar talent wise. Jacobs just is considerably larger

And i don't think releasing scott had anything to do with "sending a message". They needed two roster spots, Scotts production was the easiest to replace... There you go
    Last edited by slipknottin; 10-02-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It's because he was never a burst guy. And never had the balance to break tackles. Got tripped up way too easily like Jacobs did.

Really. Scott and Jacobs are quite similar talent wise. Jacobs just is considerably larger

And i don't think releasing scott had anything to do with "sending a message". They needed two roster spots, Scotts production was the easiest to replace... There you go
    And relatively inexpensive
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread