+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilbride needs to get the plays to Eli faster, or let Eli take control:

Gilbride needs to get the plays to Eli faster, or let Eli take control:

Why are these 2 guys still not on the same page? They have been working together for how long now? And yet, just like the start of the game last week, these 2 seem to have no idea what the play is until the play clock is about 15 seconds. Why is that?

This leaves not much time for Eli to make adjustments, which he almost always does. He seems to be forced to make a snap quicker then he likes to because he doesnt get the play to the team until more then half the play clock is gone.

Defenses seem to tee off on the snap count because they just wait for it to get down to 1 or 2 seconds. They get a better jump on an already struggling oline.

It makes no sense.

I see every other team in the NFL and there QB is lined up under the center or in a shotgun and have like 20 seconds left.

Why cant Eli and Gilbride? What is the malfunction? Im seriously asking this. This is not a Lets bash Gilbride thread, but I am seriously baffled why this continues to happen and why nothing is being done to fix it.

5trive for Fiv5

It's interesting.

Reporters asked Eli after the game did the crowd noise affect him in the beginning (He was struggling with getting the play calls out), and he said it was loud, but it wasn't an issue, they said the team actually prepared for it.

So I don't know, I've always thought we were incredibly slow on offense. I don't know who's at "fault" for that however.

Let's go.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's interesting.

Reporters asked Eli after the game did the crowd noise affect him in the beginning (He was struggling with getting the play calls out), and he said it was loud, but it wasn't an issue, they said the team actually prepared for it.

So I don't know, I've always thought we were incredibly slow on offense. I don't know who's at "fault" for that however.
    Of course he's going to say that. Players, who know how to deal with the media, know not to throw an excuse out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Of course he's going to say that. Players, who know how to deal with the media, know not to throw an excuse out there.
    Well Coughlin said it too..that the crowd noise wasn't an issue lol.

Let's go.

My O-line is like a box of chocolates

Eli taking control won't change our receivers giving up picks bouncing off them always. Also dropped balls won't change also, sure gilbride is to blame also but lets face it, this o-line is terrible and Eli has been off his game along with the receivers for a while now. Except Cruz.

How long has Gilbride been here?

How many times have we seen that playclock go down to about 1 -2 seconds at most?

Too many.

Proves a point.

My biggest beef with how we call plays is directly related to this. The Giants have a very bad habit of taking away their snap advantage. By that, I mean the advantage of knowing when the ball will be snapped.

They do this with 3 bad habits:

1) Omaha - it has been well documented that Omaha = snap the ball on the next hut. Occasionally we put a variation in, but not enough to change defense's minds.

2) The playclock - We seem to be constantly snapping the as the playclock expires. If the defense knows you have 1 second or less to snap the ball, they can get incredible jumps both in the trenches and on the outside.

3) Eli used to be good at voice inflection and causing defensive offsides, he has forgotten this tool. I do not blame him ,as being murdered every play does negatively effect your memory. But maybe a coach could remind him sometime...
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-02-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Plays are getting in extremely slow, Giants don't lineup until the Play Clock is down to maybe 10-12 seconds and then Eli has to rush with reading the Defense and making his adjustments

Delay Of Game also been a problem with Gilbride as OC

No Huddle would give Eli plenty of time to read Defenses and make his Adjustments, he works better in a Uptempo, No Huddle, 2 Minute Drill type of Offense we all know this...well besides Gilbride!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    Eli taking control won't change our receivers giving up picks bouncing off them always. Also dropped balls won't change also, sure gilbride is to blame also but lets face it, this o-line is terrible and Eli has been off his game along with the receivers for a while now. Except Cruz.
    I've seen interceptions from bad throws that should have hit a WR in stride, instead the WR has to reach back for the ball because Eli threw it to the defender chasing them. The WR is just trying to make a play on the ball with an on-the-fly adjustment, they don't have time to worry about what direction they might make the ball bounce if they fail to make the grab. The bounced ints aren't always the WR's fault, Eli shares the blame for some of them. Especially the high throws where he forces a WR exposure to a big hit by stretching out for a high pass.

More accuracy, less problems.

+ Reply to Thread