+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilbride needs to get the plays to Eli faster, or let Eli take control:

Quote Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
    Before every single snap? I only notice it when the playclock is winding down. My bad if I'm wrong
    Aaron Rodgers uses 3-19 on every snap ......check out some packer film .....you will hear "three nineteeeeeeeen , three nineteen"......the second 3-19 much quicker than the first ......every single snap ...go see for yourself

Eli uses Omaha on about 3/4 of the snaps and it has nothing to do with the play clock

Drew Brees also uses Omaha as does a few other guys in the league....I believe Flacco does as well

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    you guys clearly don't understand key words ......and I really don't care to sit here and explain how they work to you

Omaha is a part of Eli....as well as many other QBs in the leagues cadence

like I said go watch some Packer highlights ....on every single snap you will here ....and I quote

"3-19, 3-19 "

two times in a row.....every single snap
    "Hurry Hurry", is Peytons phrase.
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

Aaron Rodgers uses 3-19 on every snap ......check out some packer film .....you will hear "three nineteeeeeeeen , three nineteen"......the second 3-19 much quicker than the first ......every single snap ...go see for yourself

Eli uses Omaha on about 3/4 of the snaps and it has nothing to do with the play clock

Drew Brees also uses Omaha as does a few other guys in the league....I believe Flacco does as well

You're right on. I just disagree with the amount/timing of the 2x Omaha. Eli uses a lot of 5-18, 1-80, at least that's what I've grown accustomed to hearing

But if you're saying the cadence is what it is coming out of the huddle, how can I disprove that? Just feels like we're always getting Omaha when the playclock winds to zero compared to other situations

This video is from 2011 (to ease our pain) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLV_qClg98
    A lot of 1-80 and 5-18. At 7:49 with playclock at 2 you hear the Omaha 2x on the Cruz touchdown

Oh, the glory days.
    And RF, there's an "alert alert alert" in there which I take to be calling out a blitz on that particular play

"That's one hearty looking tuna sandwich"

#80 true blue

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Peyton has more than any QB I have ever heard in my 50+ years of watching the sport .....and from what I understand more than half of them are dummy calls .....or at least thats what Jeff Saturday has said publicly ......he said a lot of them are dummy calls but you will never know which ones because the dummy calls this week may be the actual calls next week

Peyton throws out crazy stuff...I've heard him say "Transylvania"....I've heard him say "Ice Cream" ....I've heard him say " Farmer Farmer".....
    I actually believe some of the ridiculous dummy calls he yells may just to get the defenders thinking for a split second....."did he actually just say Ice Cream Ice Cream"....then boom the ball is snapped

Peyton Manning is unlike any football player I have ever seen in my entire life

Peyton has more than any QB I have ever heard in my 50+ years of watching the sport .....and from what I understand more than half of them are dummy calls .....or at least thats what Jeff Saturday has said publicly ......he said a lot of them are dummy calls but you will never know which ones because the dummy calls this week may be the actual calls next week

Peyton throws out crazy stuff...I've heard him say "Transylvania"....I've heard him say "Ice Cream" ....I've heard him say " Farmer Farmer".....
    I actually believe some of the ridiculous dummy calls he yells may just to get the defenders thinking for a split second....."did he actually just say Ice Cream Ice Cream"....then boom the ball is snapped

I agree. He is one of the greatest any of us have ever seen.
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    He also uses "Omaha". Brady used to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I admit to being on the short bus when it comes to x's and o's, but with Eli being the franchise guy, is it out of the question to suggest a lot of what we see is either to use Eli's strengths or to because Eli wants it that way?
    I'm with you. We defer to the coaching staff to put the players in the best possible position to succeed.

No one is biting on Eli's hard count any more, and why would they? Actually, the O line bites more on his hard count more than the opposition

#80 true blue

The last second hikes are really odd. It could be to stop the defense from seeing the formation for too long, but they still know your personnel. Pass rushers must love it though. I am sure I'm not the only one yelling snap the ball at the TV to avoid a delay of game lol

Ever hear "3 and out"? Eli calls that one occasionally. While other QBs use, seems fitting this year

#80 true blue

Just once, wouldn't you like to hear one of them yell WTF - 55
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread