+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilbride needs to get the plays to Eli faster, or let Eli take control:

"Eat Salad!"

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    Omaha is a "key" word

its meaning changes by formation, personnel package & down and distance multiple times per game.....it also changes by syllable

watch a Packer game and listen for 3-19

they use 3-19 as the Giants and Saints use Omaha

it is not as it seems to be from a spectator standpoint
    You are overcomplicating it. Yes it is a keyword and all it means is "hurry up"

Many commentators have mentioned this, including Cris Collinsworth at the Dallas game a couple years ago. Every team has a word like this. It is plain as day to see when we play that "Omaha" is said just prior to the snap. It is an indication that the time is running out, and we need to snap it ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are overcomplicating it. Yes it is a keyword and all it means is "hurry up"

Many commentators have mentioned this, including Cris Collinsworth at the Dallas game a couple years ago. Every team has a word like this. It is plain as day to see when we play that "Omaha" is said just prior to the snap. It is an indication that the time is running out, and we need to snap it ahead of schedule.
    Chirs Collinsworth is wrong

it has nothing to do with the clock

Omaha means nothing close to hurry up.

that would actually be ridiculous and give the defense an absolute advantage

one of it's meanings in the rotation is ...the next snap count is the live one.....when Eli is trying to get the D to show it's look .....but that is not it's only meaning

it's meaning changes multiple times per game

I'm not just pulling things out of my *** these are facts

Chirs Collinsworth is wrong

it has nothing to do with the clock

Omaha means nothing close to hurry up.

that would actually be ridiculous and give the defense an absolute advantage

one of it's meanings in the rotation is ...the next snap count is the live one.....when Eli is trying to get the D to show it's look .....but that is not it's only meaning

it's meaning changes multiple times per game

I'm not just pulling things out of my *** these are facts
    Sorry, you are wrong, You can be as emphatic as you like.

I do agree that the meaning of the word may change slightly, but every offense has a trigger word that means exactly what I said and for as long as I can remember we have used "Omaha."

My point above is that using the same word, every game for years in a row, does in fact give away its meaning to the defense. Colinsworth's mentioning it on national TV pretty much verifies that.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-02-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Sorry, you are wrong, You can be as emphatic as you like.

I do agree that the meaning of the word may change slightly, but every offense has a trigger word that means exactly what I said and for as long as I can remember we have used "Omaha."

My point above is that using the same word, every game for years in a row, does in fact give away its meaning to the defense. Colinsworth's mentioning it on national TV pretty much verifies that.
    ok.....someone who has sat in on meetings with the team and heard them discuss a weeks key word definitions is wrong......ooooook

believe what you will my friend ...but it has nothing to do with the clock
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 10-02-2013 at 07:19 PM.

ok.....someone who has sat in on meetings with the team and heard them discuss this weeks key word definitions is wrong......ooooook

believe what you will my friend ...but it has nothing to do with the clock
    I trust what I see, not what ppl on the internet tell me.

I trust what I see, not what ppl on the internet tell me.
    fair enough

just trying to clear up something that has been confusing fans for a long time

not trying to be a ****......just trying to help

I'd be glad to tell you how I know this information and how I get the access I do if you are interested and if that would help you trust "ppl on the internet"

PM me if interested

peace

fair enough

just trying to clear up something that has been confusing fans for a long time

not trying to be a ****......just trying to help

I'd be glad to tell you how I know this information and how I get the access I do if you are interested and if that would help you trust "ppl on the internet"

PM me if interested

peace
    I do not think you are being an ***. No offense taken. I just do not agree with you

But even if you take the 'Omaha" out of the equation, my initial point still stands. We have a very bad habit of freely giving away the "snap advantage" on offense. We aren't alone, a number of NFL teams do this, but we are 1 of the worst offenders. For a team that is sound up front this isn't a big deal. But we are really struggling in the trenches and giving away any advantage, even a small 1, is a bad decision.

just my 2 cents.

Bench Player
    I finally figured it out...

They let the play clock run down so low because they know 9 times out of 10 they're going 3 and out. Gotta get some rest in for the D somewhere amiright or amiright?

hehe

This is the part i read about.

You mentioned previously regarding the syllable - can you elaborate? This type of **** is really interesting.

+ Reply to Thread