+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you root for or against division rivals?

I have a question. Do you root for or against division rivals in the Playoffs? For example, if the Eagles or Cowboys were to win the division, do you root for them in the Playoffs?

I ask this question because I have seen several Eagles and Redskins fans wishing us luck this weekend because we "represent the NFC East". Yes, they're actually rooting for us. I always root against our division rivals, even in the Playoffs, so this baffled me. Is anyone here like this? Would you root for the Cowboys or Eagles because they represent our division?

Re: Do you root for or against division rivals?

Nah the only team I could ever consider is the skins because I don't hate them near as much as the others. I do root for an NFC team though, tired of AFC chumps claiming they have the tougher conference. All the best QBs outside of Brady are NFC

Yea I've noticed a lot of rival fans wishing me luck and hoping we represent the division well. I don't understand it because if the Eagles or Cowboys were in there I'd be rooting for whoever faces them.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Bench Player

Nope, I never have and never will root for the Cowgirls, Eagles or Skins. I can't stand them all even in playoffs. I'll root for a diff team in NFC.

Nope.

Nope. Once the Giants are out, unless there's a team left in the playoffs that intrigues me or I make some small bets to keep things interesting... I focus on my Bulls and Huskies.

Honestly I don't think I've EVER rooted for the Cowboys to win a game.

I have rooted for the Skins and Eagles in playoffs past but....I usually like to keep that to myself. Of course that was only when the Giants were out of contention. Don't think I'll catch myself rooting for the Eagles ever again as long as they have Lesean McCoy....Don't know why but can't stand that guy. He's the new generation of Eagle I can't stand.

Worse, If the GIANTS are out, I root for the team playing the NFCE teams, whoever they are. Then I cheer for SF if they're still in, or I cheer for AFC teams until the SB. If the SB has an NFCE team, I'm cheering AFC, if not, whatever NFC team is there.

YES !!!

i have division pride.
    i also have conference pride.

the NFC EAST has won the Lombardy Trophy 11 times. thats one quarter of all the superbowls. and almost half of the NFC's 23 trophies.
    if the giants win it this year that will make it 12 of 24...exactly half.

so yes ....if not my team , then a team from my
    division.
    if not my division ; then a team from our conference.

go giants
    go nfc east
    go nfc.

cowboys 5
    giants 3
    redskins 3
    eagles 0

of course the eagles , are of absolutely no help at all.
    no surprise there.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Veteran

I don't know if "root" is the right word...but the only time I would pull for one is if I wanted the other one to lose. An example would be when the Eagles and Cowboys played the 1st time. I wanted the Eagles to win because the Cowboys represented more of a threat to catch us in the division.