+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talent level on this team.............

Talent level on this team.............

How would you rank this team's overall talent level (injuries aside) in 10 percent increments with Super Bowl caliber being 100% and the worst team being 0%?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Probably around 110% at this point right??

Were they a 100% team when they won the SB in 07 and 11? Or?
    Last edited by slipknottin; 10-02-2013 at 05:27 PM.

I don't think it really takes that much talent to win the SB to begin with since parity is so huge. But I absolutely think we have a SB calibre roster. The problem is we have the wrong players at all the wrong positions i.e. the offensive line. But if you take talent as a collective regardless of position, I absolutely think it's there.

So technically we're 100% due to parity. But then so are a bunch of other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Were they a 100% team when they won the SB in 07 and 11? Or?
    Absolutely not but that wasn't my question. I am not trying to direct this anywhere, just to draw out opinions like yours. So where do you see us? It would even be valuable to compare us to 07 and 11 for that matter.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I don't think it really takes that much talent to win the SB to begin with since parity is so huge. But I absolutely think we have a SB calibre roster. The problem is we have the wrong players at all the wrong positions i.e. the offensive line. But if you take talent as a collective regardless of position, I absolutely think it's there.

So technically we're 100% due to parity. But then so are a bunch of other teams.
    This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts ever. You can't win a super bowl with an ol, te, and RB who can't block

If the winless Detroit Lions were a 1, and the 2007 Regular Season Patriots were a 100.......I'd grade the Giants as a 40.

Just to be a goofball and run with this a bit....here is how I'd grade them for their performance so far this year.

Offensive line: 10 (awful)
    Linebackers: 20 (can't stop run, blitz, cover running backs, or tight ends, but otherwise some really nice guys).
    Defensive ends: 40 (JPP has been nonfactor, Tuck has been okay, Kiwi has struggled)
    Defensive tackles: 70 (good all around efforts, would be higher if they had some backup).
    Wide receivers: 50 (some good plays, but miscommunications, dropped balls, etc....need to do alot better because rest of the team needs it).
    Corners: 70 (overall pretty good....given up some big pass plays but it's expected in this arena league.
    Safeties: 60 (again, not bad....Mundy has been a bright spot).
    Punting: 30 (some really sloppy stuff that has hurt the team).
    Kicking: 30 (Josh Brown letting the team down with deflating misses on easy opportunities.....has to do better or get cut asap).
    Special Teams coverage: 20 (given up some huge plays.....mistakes galore)
    QB: 50 (Eli has been swamped, but he's made some unforced errors and is holding on to the ball too long as well).

Coaching: 60 (not much to work with, but they need to make adjustments and takes some chances with the young guys).
    GM: 20 (misread team talent, left gaping holes on offense and defense)
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-02-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Talent wise 91%
    Coaching wise 68%

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    If the winless Detroit Lions were a 1, and the 2007 Regular Season Patriots were a 100.......I'd grade the Giants as a 40.

Just to be a goofball and run with this a bit....here is how I'd grade them for their performance so far this year.

Offensive line: 10
    Linebackers: 20
    Defensive ends: 40
    Defensive tackles: 70
    Wide receivers: 50
    Corners: 70
    Safeties: 60
    Punting: 30
    Kicking: 30
    Special Teams coverage: 20
    QB: 50

Coaching: 60 (not much to work with, but they need to make adjustments and takes some chances with the young guys).
    GM: 20 (misread team talent, left gaping holes on offense and defense)
    I agree with your overall rating of 40, but I'm puzzled with wide receivers only grading out at 50, whereas corners are 70 and safeties are 60.

How about RBs? I see them at 30-40.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    How would you rank this team's overall talent level (injuries aside) in 10 percent increments with Super Bowl caliber being 100% and the worst team being 0%?
    I don't think that the overall talent is that good, but I feel that it's hard to judge because the o-line has been soooo putrid that it makes it hard to judge the other units and the team as a whole. The passing and running game would both be better with a better o-line, of course, and the D has spent more time on the field because of the inability of the O to do much with the ball and score points.

I like our skill players such as Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Wilson, JPP and Prince, but JPP needs back surgery (somethings not right there and I'm assuming it's still his back) and I think that Wilson could be a very special weapon if used correctly, but they need an o-line and a new OC I believe.

On defense, I think they stink. I already mentioned JPP and I'm intrigued by Moore. Joseph is good, but I don't think as great as others make him out to be and I want to see more Hankins. The LB corp couldn't possibly get any less talented than it is -- it's just not possible. Prince is a keeper, but Web probably not. We need to move on from Rolle next year.

Accorsi did an excellent job of bringing in solid FA's who were not budget-busting expensive. JR has really failed at that point. And I mean really failed.

+ Reply to Thread