+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants May Go Younger On Defensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    It's about freaking time. Get my boy Big Hank in there, Fewell you imgrate

You're a real "cut-up".
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-gia...espnapi_public

Excerpt: "It's not necessarily by choice, but if you look at the New York Giants' defensive line rotation in Sunday's game against the Eagles, you might see a couple of new -- and younger -- faces. Rookies Johnathan Hankins and Damontre Moore could be significant parts of the defensive game plan in Week 5.

Starting defensive tackles Linval Joseph and Cullen Jenkins missed practice Wednesday due to injuries. Backup Shaun Rogers also sat out with an injury. That led Giants coach Tom Coughlin to mention Hankins, the second-round draft pick who has been on the inactive list for each of the first four games, as a guy who could make his debut Sunday.

"I liked Hankins' work a week ago," Coughlin said. "I thought he was a really difficult guy for us to block in practice from an offensive standpoint, and I really felt like John was ready to contribute, and I feel the same way right now. I'm looking forward to watching him play."

Hankins has been healthy, but has been inactive every game due to the veteran depth the Giants have at defensive tackle. With injuries eating away at that depth, and having had an extra month to develop his NFL game in practice, it may be time for Hankins to show what he can do. Which is ...

"Stopping the run," Hankins said. "That's what they brought me here for. It's not going to be easy against Philadelphia. They have a great running back and a great quarterback who can run. But I am ready for the challenge."

Hankins has impressed his teammates in practice as well.

"Hank has done a good job out there in practice, and our confidence level in him is huge," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "He was a second-round draft pick for a reason, and I think he can get the job done." Read more...
    So far EVERYONE has been a really difficult guy for you to block, from an offensive standpoint!

You're a real "cut-up".
    you should ban yourself. i mean really. I thought you held yourself to a higher standard. For shame!

"I liked Hankins' work a week ago," Coughlin said. "I thought he was a really difficult guy for us to block in practice from an offensive standpoint, and I really felt like John was ready to contribute, and I feel the same way right now. I'm looking forward to watching him play."
    Who isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    What's even more sad is how much Reese invested in dline picks over the years to not have a decent pass rush. Had he picked up a couple of decent linebackers the last few years and it may have bolstered the line. And don't give me that "who was out there to draft bs argument" because there's plenty of 2nd and 3rd year linebackers all over the league. Reese really dropped the ball in certain areas.Theres no defending it.

You can never have to many pass rushers my ***. When your pass rush is neutralized because there's no time to get to the qb and you have no one to cover the screens and quick slants. That statement really sounds foolish.
    I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for good defensive ends.

But as far as I'm concnered, you can never have too many good linebackers, and right now, the closest thing we have to a good one is Rivers.

People can talk 3-4 v 4-3 all they want, but back in the 1980s, the Giants always had solid defensive linemen to complement their stellar linebackers.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-02-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I'm not even Dis'n the DTs. Its been a step up from last year. I just like to see the new blood get a shot. I'm more disappointed with the DEs. I really want Moore getting real time out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by funkybudda View Post
    yawn, too little too late. Should have went young sooner rather than later.
    No way. Jenkins and Patterson looked too good in pre season. Damontre Moore on the other hand should have made the rotation, but remember, he had an injured shoulder the first 3 games.

You're a real "cut-up".
    Ha, ha, ha it didn't sound right at all but you get the point
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-gia...espnapi_public

Excerpt: "It's not necessarily by choice, but if you look at the New York Giants' defensive line rotation in Sunday's game against the Eagles, you might see a couple of new -- and younger -- faces. Rookies Johnathan Hankins and Damontre Moore could be significant parts of the defensive game plan in Week 5.

Starting defensive tackles Linval Joseph and Cullen Jenkins missed practice Wednesday due to injuries. Backup Shaun Rogers also sat out with an injury. That led Giants coach Tom Coughlin to mention Hankins, the second-round draft pick who has been on the inactive list for each of the first four games, as a guy who could make his debut Sunday.

Hankins has been healthy, but has been inactive every game due to the veteran depth the Giants have at defensive tackle. With injuries eating away at that depth, and having had an extra month to develop his NFL game in practice, it may be time for Hankins to show what he can do. Which is ...

"Stopping the run," Hankins said. "That's what they brought me here for. It's not going to be easy against Philadelphia. They have a great running back and a great quarterback who can run. But I am ready for the challenge."

Hankins has impressed his teammates in practice as well.

"Hank has done a good job out there in practice, and our confidence level in him is huge," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "He was a second-round draft pick for a reason, and I think he can get the job done." Read more...
    The changing of the guard! Get some kids in there that want to play. They got that fire in the belly! Something our vets are lacking!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for good defensive ends.

But as far as I'm concnered, you can never have too many good linebackers, and right now, the closest thing we have to a good one is Rivers.

People can talk 3-4 v 4-3 all they want, but back in the 1980s, the Giants always had solid defensive linemen to complement their stellar linebackers.
    Which is why giving these guys more reps isn't going to change the defense much. I'm all for getting them into the rotation, but we've been pretty good stopping the run. It's getting pressure on the qb that been the problem and every team knows we're weak at linebackers that can cover so we're vulnerable to the underneath stuff. Our defense isn't going to significantly improve until we have balance throughout.

That and the offense giving them a chance to rest.

+ Reply to Thread