+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/coughli...around-giants/

Excerpt: "It gets deafening inside CenturyLinc Field when the Seahawks play, and it was loud Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium when the Chiefs silenced the Giants. And now, with his team Giants on death row, Tom Coughlin is making a plea for help.

“I’m hoping that our fans are as boisterous and supportive as they’ve ever been — maybe even more,” Coughlin said Wednesday. “I just hope everyone rallies around our team right now. The players need it, we all need it. We all need to feel that great support and the 12th man. Playing at home in your division there’s certainly every reason in the world to be excited about that. …

“I’m hoping that they help us, the fans help us win.”

Here’s the problem, and it goes beyond the chicken-or-the-egg obvious that it is on the Giants to give their fans something to cheer about Sunday against the hated Eagles:

Giants fans did not expect their team to come home 0-4.

Giants fans, like ownership, hold this team to a higher standard.

Giants fans dreamed of their team making history by becoming the first team to play in a Super Bowl in its home stadium, just as the players did.

Giants fans weren’t expecting an overmatched, injury-ravaged offensive line that can’t keep Eli Manning upright or clear the path for a running game.

Giants fans weren’t expecting Manning to throw 11 interceptions.

Giants fans weren’t expecting Jason Pierre-Paul to have only one more sack than Michael Strahan or Kelly Ripa.

Giants fans weren’t expecting David Wilson to fumble his golden opportunity.

Giants fans weren’t expecting Hakeem Nicks to virtually disappear.

In other words, Coughlin can expect Giants fans to be “All in.”

But guess what: It’s up to his Giants to keep them “All in.”

It’s up to the Giants to help the Giants win, no matter where the game is played." Read more...

Oh...I have no doubt that Coughlin will hear the Giants faithful on Sunday, unfortunately I think they're going to be full glottal boos!!!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 10-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Giant fans at the stadium have been known to be pathetically quiet.
    Full of rich old geezers who would rather sit down and yell at all those who are disrupting their naps.
    Actually, maybe..just maybe they will give up their tickets to their college kids about now...so maybe their is hope afterall.
    When I went to my one and only Giant game during the 1990 Champion season my friend and I were told to sit down and stop cheering the team on.
    #80 #22 #30 #24 #12 #38#52 when will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Giant fans at the stadium have been known to be pathetically quiet.
    Full of rich old geezers who would rather sit down and yell at all those who are disrupting their naps.
    Actually, maybe..just maybe they will give up their tickets to their college kids about now...so maybe their is hope afterall.

Dude, I wouldn't go around bashing Giants fans.

I'll never forget your post back in 2007, when you opined that you wanted us to lose in the NFC Championship game so we didn't go down being remembered as the loser in the Super Bowl to the Patriots.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueDrive45 View Post
    When I went to my one and only Giant game during the 1990 Champion season my friend and I were told to sit down and stop cheering the team on.
    That's what happens when we are on offense. The team wants it quiet.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueDrive45 View Post
    That may be true but the crowds back then were super loud. I was at the Redskins game in 1990 and it still stands as the loudest that stadium has ever been. The place shook. My family were season ticket holders for the Giants since before Giants stadium opened but due to circumstances beyond our control we were unable to get it together in time to get the PSL for the new stadium but I still try to get to at least 3 or 4 games a year not including playoffs if there are any. There are always old foagie's who tell you to sit down but it is always pretty darn loud. I ignore the grumps and go nuts every time I go lol!
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Banned
    It is going to be dead quiet with the exception of booing. We are 0-4, the team and fans have no enthusiasm at this point. This is the first meaningless game we have ever played at MetLife (barring some crazy turnaround), and the first meaningless home game since 2009.

One thing is for sure, it will get dead quiet fast if they play they way they've been playing. But it wont start out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    One thing is for sure, it will get dead quiet fast if they play they way they've been playing. But it wont start out that way.
    +1....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bench Player
    answer this question coughlin...How in the hell can we be excited about an offense thats scored 7 points in 2 games and a defense thats given up the most points in the entire league....how bout u win 2 games in a row and maybe we'll be more supportive

Quote Originally Posted by giantmen View Post
    answer this question coughlin...How in the hell can we be excited about an offense thats scored 7 points in 2 games and a defense thats given up the most points in the entire league....how bout u win 2 games in a row and maybe we'll be more supportive
    its called being a fan. Bessides TC is not saying to root blindly he is just asking the fans to continue with their support. It wasnt an attack to the fans it was a request.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch