+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson's needs coaching!

Wilson's needs coaching!

I was surprised to watch wilsons approach to 2 plays on Sunday. It showed me that he needs to be coached up with his running style. The first one was a return that he took around the left side. He had a lot of room; all he had to do was keep burning around the end and get all the yardage he could. But for some reason instead of continuing to run towards the sideline, he slows down allowing a defender to close the gap and he tries to shake n bake the guy. BIG MISTAKE! You're a running back a damn fast one. BOOM... He gets tackled by the guy

He did the same thing on a end run where all he had to do was use his speed but instead he slows down tries to juke a defender and gets tackled. We were amazed, everyone agreed about it. This guy needs to be coached- anyone want the job? Unbelievable!!!

I would suggest they make him sit down and watch 4 hours of video on LeSean McCoy. Problem soved
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Wilson needs reps, end of story! I mean, i didn't even like the pick, mostly due to value, and i know hes better then this! He needs to get the ball at least 15-18 times a game. I didn't think he was a tote the load type back which is another reason i didn't love the pick, but if you give em the ball 15-18 times a game, hes gonna make some things happen.

That's not coaching...that's just something that comes naturally. I still feel like the game is too fast for him. It won't slow down unless he gets more reps! There are things you can coach and then there are things that can only be learned with playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    I was surprised to watch wilsons approach to 2 plays on Sunday. It showed me that he needs to be coached up with his running style. The first one was a return that he took around the left side. He had a lot of room; all he had to do was keep burning around the end and get all the yardage he could. But for some reason instead of continuing to run towards the sideline, he slows down allowing a defender to close the gap and he tries to shake n bake the guy. BIG MISTAKE! You're a running back a damn fast one. BOOM... He gets tackled by the guy

He did the same thing on a end run where all he had to do was use his speed but instead he slows down tries to juke a defender and gets tackled. We were amazed, everyone agreed about it. This guy needs to be coached- anyone want the job? Unbelievable!!!
    You don't think Gerald Ingram is coaching him? Maybe he just has a longer learning curve than we would like. He's been playing the way he is for a ,long time now. Old habits are hard to break.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    He needs blocking.

Veteran
    I think he has "flipped" out...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He needs blocking.
    True, but he does make some moves that make you wonder what he's looking at.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You don't think Gerald Ingram is coaching him? Maybe he just has a longer learning curve than we would like. He's been playing the way he is for a ,long time now. Old habits are hard to break.

EXACTAMUNDO. Wilson will adapt to the game and be a good back for us.................hopefully sooner than later.

the whole offense is a huge mess right now. They ALL NEED COACHING......EVEN ELI...!!!!!!!
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread