+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politi: Jerry Reese Needs To Answer For The Giants' 0 - 4 Start

Politi: Jerry Reese Needs To Answer For The Giants' 0 - 4 Start

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...nts_start.html

Excerpt: "We have heard from just about everyone associated with this 0-4 start for the Giants, and most — all? — of what they’ve said is just noise.
    There was Antrel Rolle, insisting that the team could finish 12-0 (hey, it’s not polite to laugh). There was Victor Cruz, declaring that the Giants must "get this victory by any means," whatever that means.

There was Eli Manning, who ran out of things to say sometime during his rookie season, offering this, uh, promise: "Everyone hopefully thinks we can beat every team we play."

For a team that once used "Talk is Cheap" as its mantra, the Giants sure do plenty of it. All of the Giants, that is, but the general manager who assembled a roster that has been outscored 146-61 this season.

Wouldn’t it be nice to hear from Jerry Reese?

Because there are questions, to say the least. Is he disappointed with the lack of overall depth, especially on the offensive line? Does he regret not upgrading his linebackers despite ample evidence that he should? Did he overestimate the talent here based on that wonderful run at the end of the 2011 season? Was thinking that David Wilson could be an every-down back a miscalculation?

Most of all: Is there anything that can be done now to stop what sure looks like an inevitable grim march toward 5-11?

Reese, through team spokesman Pat Hanlon, turned down an interview request yesterday. This, the Giants say, is standard operating procedure, one that dates to George Young — and, in some ways, the policy is understandable.

There is no benefit to Reese holding court after every game, a la Jerry Jones in Dallas. Plenty of general managers, including John Idzik with the Jets, take a similar approach.

But that policy? It certainly isn’t etched in stone. Reese talked to reporters last September in Carolina, after the Giants rolled over the Panthers to improve to 2-1. And, a year earlier, he did the same after a victory in Arizona put the Giants at 3-1 and silenced critics who thought he had a lousy offseason.

"We have talented players and we have talented coaches," Reese said then. "Why wouldn’t I have faith in this team? I definitely believe we’re in the place to get us in the playoffs." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    Who were the linebackers in '07? This guy thinks he's so slick, and like every ****y person in the world whose ego takes a huge beating now he has nothing at all to say and cowers from the world.

Would be nice to hear from Reese right about now. MAybe at 0-5??

All-Pro
    What is he supposed to say? What will make people happy? It's most likely going to be a long season. Let's see what he does in the off season. He has a chance to create a lot more cap room and his draft picks will probably be in the top of every round.

I am in no mood to hear from him anyway. What is he gonna say? He'll talk for ten minutes without giving you any real answers anyway.

Veteran
    Why does Reese need to say anything? The players are the ones out there missing blocking assignments or just getting beat badly. We running backs fumbling away the ball receivers dropping catchable passes and our QB is throwing Int's. So I don't get how any of that falls on Reese. Our o-line is the disease and the fumbles, drops, and Int's are a symptom of the sickness. It's clear that injuries have robbed our o-line of some of our best players but let's keep it real more than a few of our guys have been on the decline for some time now.

I've heard from Reese before...not really longing to hear from him again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1 View Post
    Why does Reese need to say anything? The players are the ones out there missing blocking assignments or just getting beat badly. We running backs fumbling away the ball receivers dropping catchable passes and our QB is throwing Int's. So I don't get how any of that falls on Reese. Our o-line is the disease and the fumbles, drops, and Int's are a symptom of the sickness. It's clear that injuries have robbed our o-line of some of our best players but let's keep it real more than a few of our guys have been on the decline for some time now.
    Who is in charge of personnel for the o-line? Yes, it has been quite obvious that a few of our guys have been on the decline for some time now, and Reese didn't fix it. He wanted to suck one more year out of them and waited one year too long.

Reese doens't need to say anything to me.

He had plenty to say during the offseason, and I can see with my own eyes where his priorities are. We have a logjam at DT, aging/injured DEs, a ton of hands guys, and nobody at linebacker that scares any opponent.

Also, I'm so tired about hearing how many Super Bowls this guy has won. Both those Super Bowls were won with Accorsi's coach, QB, offensive line, and defensive line, complemented with a scattering of Reeses' guys.

Every year this team gets older, and Accorsi's guys are getting replaced by inferior quality because Reeses mistakes in the draft and free agency.

My biggest worry isn't this year....it's that fans really should have expected another 4-6 good years out of Eli Manning, but the offensive line looks like what Archie Manning played behind.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-03-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    Who were the linebackers in '07? This guy thinks he's so slick, and like every ****y person in the world whose ego takes a huge beating now he has nothing at all to say and cowers from the world.
    what was that? not sure what you mean

+ Reply to Thread