+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

First Falcons, then........

Sorry if this has been asked already for I looked at the the topics and did not find it discussed yet. The playoff picture on nfl.com says the 9rs are playing the lowest seed from wildcard rounds. Well if we win, and the Lions win, we play the 49ers correct?
    We win and the Saints win, we play the packers ??
    We lose....well nevermind.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

Re: First Falcons, then........

You are correct in who we would play.

Veteran

I think Detroit has a chance to win against the Saints. I will be pulling for them for 2 reasons. I want the Saints out of the playoffs, we do not want any part of them in that dome. And 2 we wouldn't have to see the Packers until the NFC Championship game.
    This could be much like 07' avenging our losses and beating the teams who beat us in the regular season. the Packers and the 49ers want no part of us in the post season.

You sir are correct, and as some of my esteemed message board cohorts I would love to see the Saints dumped early!

All-Pro

I'd rather see them play the Saints and then Green Bay.

Of course they need to win this week first.

Veteran

[quote user="buddy33"]I'd rather see them play the Saints and then Green Bay.

Of course they need to win this week first.[/quote]

You would rather see the Saints opposed to the 49ers??? the Saints smoked us, I want no part of them.

All-Pro

That's why I want them to play the Saints.

[quote user="buddy33"]That's why I want them to play the Saints.[/quote]

I kind of tend to agree. Why do you want to avoid your Kryptonite... You will have the Saints fans saying if we win SB that, well yea they won it all but we killed them, bla bla bla....

Same as those Skins fans will be saying we beat the SB Champs twice.

I say tough... IF we get hot and beat who is in front of us weather it be Falcons GB, SF, NE or Falcons, SF, GB, NE... We earned it and they were both eliminated. plus we would have avenged 2/3 losses. There is no way to avenge all 3 with the way the playoffs are set up. We will play 2 of the 3 more then likely unless the Lions make 2 upsets then we would HOST them in the NFCCG....

Its poss it could look like this Falcons, SF, Lions, NE

but if we have to play 2of the 3 i see why everyone is saying they would rather it be SF then GB..We played them both close. We played SF up there and almost won so no reason to think we cant go back there on a roll and win that game. We played GB at home so it will be alot tougher to go up there and win but we did it in 07....

But i do feel in the back of my mind that i want to FACE THE BULLY that kicked sand on me earlier in the year and go back when you are now STRONGER and face your Demons and WHIP THEIR BUTTS in their BACKYARD. We OWE them for this year and 09

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

We have no chance of beating the Saints in NO.

We have at least a puncher's chance of beating any other team in the playoffs.

Veteran

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="buddy33"]That's why I want them to play the Saints.[/quote]

I kind of tend to agree. Why do you want to avoid your Kryptonite... You will have the Saints fans saying if we win SB that, well yea they won it all but we killed them, bla bla bla....

Same as those Skins fans will be saying we beat the SB Champs twice.

I say tough... IF we get hot and beat who is in front of us weather it be Falcons GB, SF, NE or Falcons, SF, GB, NE... We earned it and they were both eliminated. plus we would have avenged 2/3 losses. There is no way to avenge all 3 with the way the playoffs are set up. We will play 2 of the 3 more then likely unless the Lions make 2 upsets then we would HOST them in the NFCCG....

Its poss it could look like this Falcons, SF, Lions, NE

but if we have to play 2of the 3 i see why everyone is saying they would rather it be SF then GB..We played them both close. We played SF up there and almost won so no reason to think we cant go back there on a roll and win that game. We played GB at home so it will be alot tougher to go up there and win but we did it in 07....

But i do feel in the back of my mind that i want to FACE THE BULLY that kicked sand on me earlier in the year and go back when you are now STRONGER and face your Demons and WHIP THEIR BUTTS in their BACKYARD. We OWE them for this year and 09

[/quote]

I dont care what the Saints say if we win the Super Bowl and we dont have to face them on the way there. All that matters is we win the Super Bowl. We have proved we can hang with GB and SF. and we could beat them. I do not think we can beat the Saints, they are just a bad match up for us. If we have to play them so be it but i would prefer not to.

I would love if it goes like you said: ATL, SF, DET, NE. Home for the NFC championship game would be sweet.