+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Short Yardage Quick Handoff to FB

Do we ever try this? I don't recall seeing us use it this year. I know that you can't get away with it too often, but it seems that I see other teams pick up critical 1st downs with this call. Given our woes on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1, I'd think we'd give it a shot occasionally. Maybe we have and I don't remember. Is that the case?

Re: Short Yardage Quick Handoff to FB

No, we haven't done that this year. Or how about a play action quick pass to a TE? Nope. I almost never knock KG, but this is the one part of his play calling that infuriates me. He never gets creative when we need that 1 yard.

Thought Collinsworth made a good point, on 4th and 1 the other team sends in their beefy, run stoppers. Jacobs is not going to truck a 300lb DT like he is Charles Woodson.

Can't be worse than using Jacobs . . . .

All-Pro

yes the old FB dive is what has prevented us from scoring 40 / game ... KG!!!! how could you!!!!!

The Hynoski play action flat dump off should be this team's staple on 3rd-1, 4th-1 and goalline. PA to Jacobs......it would work EVERY TIME......if not than fleet footed Eli could just scramble for it....easy pick-up.

Veteran

I was talking about this yesterday with a co-worker who is a Packer fan. I told him I wish the Giants would give Hynoski a shot in some short-yardage/goaline situations like GB does with Kuhn. Hynoski was actively involved in the game Sunday night and I felt that would have been a good time to give it a try. Giants used it a lot in their history. Guys like Carthon, Way and Comellawere very productive in those situations. It is a part of the Giants offensivetradition that has been completely removed since Coughlin came here. It surprises me a bit as Coughlin was the WR coach under Parcells and knows this well. It'd be nice if he told Gilbride to add that wrinkle once in awhile.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="repeatchamps"]I was talking about this yesterday with a co-worker who is a Packer fan. I told him I wish the Giants would give Hynoski a shot in some short-yardage/goaline situations like GB does with Kuhn. Hynoski was actively involved in the game Sunday night and I felt that would have been a good time to give it a try. Giants used it a lot in their history. Guys like Carthon, Way and Comella*were very productive in those situations. It is a part of the Giants offensive*tradition that has been completely removed since Coughlin came here. It surprises me a bit as Coughlin was the WR coach under Parcells and knows this well. It'd be nice if he told Gilbride to add that wrinkle once in awhile.[/quote]

+1 I agree, these guys are huge and get us nice yardage, use them are on the 3rd and 1, I'm telling you 8-9/10 times they'll convert

[quote user="G-Man67"]yes the old FB dive is what has prevented us from scoring 40 / game ... KG!!!! how could you!!!!![/quote]
    Stop making sense. You'll spook the locals.

[quote user="G-Man67"]yes the old FB dive is what has prevented us from scoring 40 / game ... KG!!!! how could you!!!!![/quote]

running short of people to vent on, are you?

running short of people to vent on, are you?