+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Bringing Son to First NFL Game

    Hi everyone,

    Got lower level seats right near the Giant's tunnel for this week's game. I've decided to bring my 4 year old son to his first NFL game. Am I an idiot? Any tips? I really only expect him to maybe last 2.5-3 quarters. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Veteran Jet-Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Aberdeen, NJ
    Posts
    894
    Just have fun. There is a lot to do inside the gates before the game so I'd head in about 11 AM. Let him take in the sites. At that time you should be able to get close to the field and see the players warm up. Take pictures and just enjoy the time with him.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Blue View Post
    Just have fun. There is a lot to do inside the gates before the game so I'd head in about 11 AM. Let him take in the sites. At that time you should be able to get close to the field and see the players warm up. Take pictures and just enjoy the time with him.

    Great advice. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    64
    I took my son when he was almost 5 years old in 1990 to the old stadium. I saw parts of the stadium I never knew existed. He got antsy so we took a walk, rode the escalators, grabbed a hotdog, etc. Best part was going to the very top of the stadium and hung out there for a while. Missed part of the game, but we made a memory.


    Kevin

  5. #5
    My son had an incredible experience today even though the GMEN lost. Big kudos to guest services for making his first visit to a game a great one. The whole day was worth it.

  6. #6
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    64
    Great to hear.

  7. #7
    Veteran NYGisBallin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Concrete Jungle
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleN N CruzN View Post
    My son had an incredible experience today even though the GMEN lost. Big kudos to guest services for making his first visit to a game a great one. The whole day was worth it.
    Nothing like it...

    Going to games can be addictive, the people who say otherwise are crazy.


    Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

  8. #8
    Veteran Jet-Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Aberdeen, NJ
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Nothing like it...

    Going to games can be addictive, the people who say otherwise are crazy.
    Agreed, I'll make it to 13 or 14 games this year at Metlife!! It keeps me sane!!!!

    Of the 65 games played at Metlife since it opened in 2010, I've been to 42. (26 Jet, 16 Giant)

  9. #9
    Veteran NYGisBallin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Concrete Jungle
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Blue View Post
    Agreed, I'll make it to 13 or 14 games this year at Metlife!! It keeps me sane!!!!

    Of the 65 games played at Metlife since it opened in 2010, I've been to 42. (26 Jet, 16 Giant)
    The atmosphere before a game makes up for the traffic, prices, etc. IMO

    10 games a year if your a season ticket holder... Some people I know complain about going. Its only 10 figgin times!


    Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts