+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

"I think I'm in Brady's Class" Rank the QBs of 2011

Now that the season is over, we can rank the QBs fully. How do you rank the top 10 QBs for the season?

Here are mine:

1-Aaron Rodgers:68.3%, 4643 yards, 45 TDs - 6 INTs, 122.5 QBR (15 games)
    2-Drew Brees:71.2%,5476 yards, 46 TDs - 14 INTs, 110.6 QBR
    3-Tom Brady:65.6%, 5235 yards, 39 TDs - 12 INTs, 105.6 QBR
    4-Matt Stafford:63.5%, 5038 yards, 41 TDs - 16 INTs, 97.2 QBR
    5-Eli Manning: 61.0%, 4933 yards, 29 TDs - 16 INTs, 92.9 QBR
    6-Tony Romo: 66.3%, 4184 yards, 31 TDs - 10 INTs, 102.5 QBR
    7-Matt Ryan:61.3%, 4177 yards, 29 TDs - 12 INTs, 92.2 QBR
    8-Ben Roethlisberger:63.2%, 4077 yards, 21 TDs - 14 INTs, 90.1 QBR
    9-Alex Smith:61.4%, 3150 yards, 17 TDs - 5 INTs, 90.7 QBR (
    10-Cam Newton: 60.0%, 4051 yards, 21 TDs- 17 INTs, 84.5 QBR (706 yards rushing, 14 TDs)

(If Peyton was playing this season, Im almost sure he would be in the top 5 again, bumping everyone down a spot.)

So IMO, Eli is a Top 5 QB in the league THIS SEASON. He has broken a bunch of records and comes through time and time again in the clutch. Was he ELITE this season? Maybe... Id say the top 3-5 QBs were the elite / greatQBs this season. Please dont confuse elite with clutch.

Was he in Brady's class this season. ABSOLUTELY.

In order for Eli to be top 3 elite though, he needs a higher completion % and a better TD to INT ratio. More TDs are needed to be elite.

All-Pro

Re: "I think I'm in Brady's Class" Rank the QBs of 2011

Wow, just realized I put 8 NFC QBs in the top 10. Pretty week AFC QBs this season.. Flacco, Sanchez, Rivers, Orton, Dalton, Tebow, Hasselbeckall come up short IMO.

Bench Player

Nice avatar but you forgot the "H" in With

You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw.

Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.

Aaron Rodger's stats are unbelievable, 45 TDs and 6 INTs LOL.

All-Pro

[quote user="TheAngryTuna"]You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw. Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.[/quote]

Stafford should of made the probowl instead of Eli this season. He was better in every statistic, except 4th Q TDs. But Im glad eli made it. Im sure either the Packers, Giants, or Saints will make the superbowl and Stafford will fill the spot of the QB not attending though.

[quote user="TheAngryTuna"]You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw.

Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.[/quote]I'm a diehard Giants fan. I love this team but I'm a realist and IMO Stafford got snubbed.

I agree with this "In order for Eli to be top 3 elite though, he needs a higher completion %
    and a better TD to INT ratio. More TDs are needed to be elite"
    but you have to realize the incompletions are partly due to our receivers dropping perfectly thrown passes. The interceptions also are often off of tipped or incorrectly caught balls. I think this stat is misleading.

Veteran

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="TheAngryTuna"]You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw. Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.[/quote]

Stafford should of made the probowl instead of Eli this season. He was better in every statistic, except 4th Q TDs. But Im glad eli made it. Im sure either the Packers, Giants, or Saints will make the superbowl and Stafford will fill the spot of the QB not attending though.

[/quote]

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed. It is not Eli's fault we can run for TD's 2 times better than Detroit can lol.You cannot fully go by these numbersfor the simple reason that allthe types of Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than thisand again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than runningfor whatever reason.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="eastbayblue"]I agree with this "In order for Eli to be top 3 elite though, he needs a higher completion % and a better TD to INT ratio. More TDs are needed to be elite" but you have to realize the incompletions are partly due to our receivers dropping perfectly thrown passes. The interceptions also are often off of tipped or incorrectly caught balls. I think this stat is misleading.[/quote]

Agreed.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35