+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Watching JPP,TUCK and OSI

On the field together reminds me of LT, Banks and Carson of the 80' team. GO BIG BLUE

Re: Watching JPP,TUCK and OSI

Don't forget Kiwi...Gary Reasons?

Veteran

[quote user="Dwinsballgames"]Don't forget Kiwi...Gary Reasons?[/quote]

Exactly....Kiwi was a stud v. the Cowboys. He was a huge factor in shutting down their running game.

[quote user="Dorothy"]On the field together reminds me of LT, Banks and Carson of the 80' team. GO BIG BLUE[/quote]

WHY?sorry I do not see it...those are 3 of the greatest linebackers in giants history...2/3 hall of fame.....Osi is a selfish head case Tuck is good not great and Jpp is still too young to know yet

No disrespect I am just not sure I see the correlation

"When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

[quote user="fansince69"][quote user="Dorothy"]On the field together reminds me of LT, Banks and Carson of the 80' team. GO BIG BLUE[/quote]

WHY?sorry I do not see it...those are 3 of the greatest linebackers in giants history...2/3 hall of fame.....Osi is a selfish head case** Tuck is good not great and Jpp is still too young to know yet

[/quote]

Osi and Tuck have 1 less superbowl trophy in their case than that bunch. No one will ever be LT, Banks and Carson to me, but Tuck and Osi's contributions to this organization should not be dismissed.

defensive players on the field at one time that can make big plays. same thing.

[quote user="Giantsin04"][quote user="fansince69"][quote user="Dorothy"]On the field together reminds me of LT, Banks and Carson of the 80' team. GO BIG BLUE[/quote]

WHY?sorry I do not see it...those are 3 of the greatest linebackers in giants history...2/3 hall of fame.....Osi is a selfish head case Tuck is good not great and Jpp is still too young to know yet

[/quote]

Osi and Tuck have 1 less superbowl trophy in their case than that bunch. No one will ever be LT, Banks and Carson to me, but Tuck and Osi's contributions to this organization should not be dismissed.[/quote]

I am in no way dismissing their contributions....I just don't see the correlation other than 3 defensive players....they don't even play the same positions....all I want is an explanation.....By this logic I can say Grant Phillips and Webster remind me of Taylor Banks Carson?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Veteran

[quote user="Dorothy"]On the field together reminds me of LT, Banks and Carson of the 80' team. GO BIG BLUE[/quote]

Wow, excellent comparison, if you look at it Reese just changed the emphasis from linebackers to defensive end. Actually, Osi and Tuck can play 3-4 outside linebacker and Kiwi IS playing a 4-3 outside linebacker (off of the line with run and pass responsibilities).

Giants' fans are so used to having a great linebacker core (with an average front three) that they have failed to see to that Reese has built a great defensive line core with average linebackers - still a dominant front seven, just in different areas.

In this version of the NFL a great linebacker core is not that important because only two of them would be on the field for most plays (if you ran a 4-3). Look at how the Patriots have made the Steelers linebackers useless by staying in a spread formation.

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Dwinsballgames"]Don't forget Kiwi...Gary Reasons?[/quote] Exactly....Kiwi was a stud v. the Cowboys. He was a huge factor in shutting down their running game.[/quote]

How sick was it when he blew up that play and almost got to Romo? And ****, almost blocked that punt! I loved seeing him on the line with Tuck JPP and Osi! The Krakken has risen!

Veteran

[quote user="fansince69"][quote user="Giantsin04"][quote user="fansince69"][quote user="Dorothy"]On the field together reminds me of LT, Banks and Carson of the 80' team. GO BIG BLUE[/quote]

WHY?sorry I do not see it...those are 3 of the greatest linebackers in giants history...2/3 hall of fame.....Osi is a selfish head case** Tuck is good not great and Jpp is still too young to know yet

[/quote]

Osi and Tuck have 1 less superbowl trophy in their case than that bunch. No one will ever be LT, Banks and Carson to me, but Tuck and Osi's contributions to this organization should not be dismissed.[/quote]

I am in no way dismissing their contributions....I just don't see the correlation other than 3 defensive players....they don't even play the same positions....all I want is an explanation.....By this logic I can say Grant Phillips and Webster remind me of Taylor Banks Carson?
    [/quote]

Except that 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE are almost the same position, and Cornerback has absolutely nothing to do with either...