+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Same ol Tony Romo

They played well offensively with the broncos though, which was nice.

Both teams sucked though

Broncos have a huge weakness though, which won't win them the SB like that.

I don't think Romo choked in this one. He had an open man, but the defender drove Tyron Smith back and he stepped on Romo's foot which altered the throw a bit, with pressure in his face. Still it took a great diving play (and PI) to get the interception.

I don't like Romo. I don't trust Romo. But I can't seriously say that was his fault. He would have had to have literally (and don't mean figuratively) the best passing game in the history of the NFL to win that one.

The defense lost it, and Romo caught a bad break.

Glad the media isn't running with it like they normally do.

From the Cowboys board:
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 10-07-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I don't think Romo choked in this one. He had an open man, but the defender drove Tyron Smith back and he stepped on Romo's foot which altered the throw a bit, with pressure in his face. Still it took a great diving play (and PI) to get the interception.

I don't like Romo. I don't trust Romo. But I can't seriously say that was his fault. He would have had to have literally (and don't mean figuratively) the best passing game in the history of the NFL to win that one.

The defense lost it, and Romo caught a bad break.

Glad the media isn't running with it like they normally do.

From the Cowboys board:
    Well until the video, I didnt see the foot get stepped on. But it still goes in the books as an INT for Romo. Whether its his fault, a good play by a defensive player, or just bad luck/breaks, Romo just has that knack for throwing a costly INT in crunch time.

But I agree with you---the defense was toasted by the Broncos offense, but many defenses have fallen into that category this year. I think with the Broncos having a better run game yesterday than the Cowboys also helped.

Right now I dont know who might be able to contain or slow down the Broncos offense---except maybe themselves or injuries(not wishing that).

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Well until the video, I didnt see the foot get stepped on. But it still goes in the books as an INT for Romo. Whether its his fault, a good play by a defensive player, or just bad luck/breaks, Romo just has that knack for throwing a costly INT in crunch time.

But I agree with you---the defense was toasted by the Broncos offense, but many defenses have fallen into that category this year. I think with the Broncos having a better run game yesterday than the Cowboys also helped.

Right now I dont know who might be able to contain or slow down the Broncos offense---except maybe themselves or injuries(not wishing that).

Yeah, still an INT for Romo. Game is still lost. But I just don't see it as his normal choke job.

I think the last drive was handled very, very poorly. We had 2 1/2 minutes with 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, yet we come out firing with the passing game?

We should have been milking the clock to get into FG position, especially seeing how Denver made the mistake of dropping everyone into coverage.

Veteran
    That was about as brutal as it gets. I actually almost felt bad for Romo until I reminded myself that it was the Cowboys.

I did greatly enjoy the fact that the cameras kept zooming in on Romo's family and JJ and his lackeys every 5 seconds in the 4th quarter when it looked like Dallas might win, only for Romo to throw the game sealing INT. That was just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they showed his pretty blonde wife bouncing up and down more than they showed the actual game in the 4th quarter.

I think the last drive was handled very, very poorly. We had 2 1/2 minutes with 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, yet we come out firing with the passing game?

We should have been milking the clock to get into FG position, especially seeing how Denver made the mistake of dropping everyone into coverage.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    yup to bad he threw that pic....but if Dallas plays like that the rest of the year they are gonna win this division easily
    Too bad they wont. You know that, They play the tough teams tough, then lay goose eggs vs easy teams.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Too bad they wont. You know that, They play the tough teams tough, then lay goose eggs vs easy teams.
    And the rest of the NFCE teams have laid goose eggs regardless of the opponent, so what's your point?

And the rest of the NFCE teams have laid goose eggs regardless of the opponent, so what's your point?
    There is no point, just like the team who wins this division, there is no point. One and done.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

+ Reply to Thread