+ Reply to Thread

How come we never force fumbles?

It seems like our secondary never gets a strip on a WR or RB. The only ones who really do it are Tuck, Osi or JPP.

It puzzles me that when they make tackles they never try to punch the ball out. Every other team seems to do it, with the Bears being the best at it.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

Re: How come we never force fumbles?

Because our secondary, like most of the NFL, tries to throw their shoulder for the big hit to make the highlight reel.

Which results in missed tackles and gains of 6 turned into 25

We should have the 1st guy making the wrap up tackle and the 2nd guy going for the ball.

Not the 1st guy going for a shoulder check, or straight for the ball. Thats how 3yd plays become 1st downs

.... MAN, I wish we had Goff
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Veteran

We had a lot last year I think. NFL players exhibit some of the poorest tackling technique that I have ever seen these days though. That doesn't include all players but quite a few of them are.

All the answers above are CORRECT! There is no squaring of the body,wrapping up or good form in tackling in the nfl anymore really, and with all the fines and penalties that come from "I wanna make the highlight reel" i am surprised that many teams havent gone back to the fundamentals of that great word called "tackling and driving em back" til the whistle blows
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"