+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Ross will wake up in the post season.

I still have some faith in the kid. He played well for us during his rookie season on the way to a super bowl title. He faced tougher competition then as a rookie so I think (and hope) he will be confident in his ability to perform under pressure against top-tier competition. Julio Jones is a rookie and hopefully Ross can use his experience against him.

Thoughts?

Re: Ross will wake up in the post season.

It's possible. Remember how we were all nervous when we found out Corey Webster was going to start against the Bucs in 07? That turned out ok.

Veteran

He's been playing decent. The problem with Ross is if he misses his jam, he doesn't have catch-up speed, and his misses his jams a lot. This tends to put him in off-coverage and he's hesitant.

I think hes been playing pretty well recently. Dont see him getting beat as much. Hope it continues.

How about that 2nd TD the Cowboys scored. He was playing very soft off his man. I sat there screaming at the screen "That's where Romo's going!!!!' Guess where Romo went.....Ross wasn't anywhere near him.

[quote user="Itlan"]He's been playing decent. The problem with Ross is if he misses his jam, he doesn't have catch-up speed, and his misses his jams a lot. This tends to put him in off-coverage and he's hesitant.[/quote]

for some reason coming out of college I thought he was considered fast....I remember the talk about him was he was faster than everyone but his girlfriend...

he seems to be very susceptible to that slant on the goal line.He seems to play the fade and they either take it inside or go to the flag and it's gotten him 2x in recent history I can think of.

But I still have hopes of him being solid...not looking for shut down but at least hold his own
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

"let's eat" - the whole defense seems to have their swagger back. this is evident to me in the sights and sounds video for the cowboy game. ross is buying in and has been playing lights out. for his standards at least. and that's all we can ask for at this point. this team is gelling at the perfect time, and i love it! lets roll!

eh...he still scares me

I'm hoping you're right though

[quote user="ebick"]How about that 2nd TD the Cowboys scored.* He was playing very soft off his man.* I sat there screaming at the screen "That's where Romo's going!!!!'* Guess where Romo went.....Ross wasn't anywhere near him.[/quote]That was horrible coverage.All the draft guys on Twitter were making fun of him on that play

Veteran

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]eh...he still scares me

I'm hoping you're right though[/quote]

He scares me also, we should have lost the first Cowboys game because of Ross not covering Austin and a Romo overthrow. However, for the Giants to make noise in the playoffs Ross, Webster and Prince HAVE to play well.