+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: C J MOSLEY

Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    Do you know what happened to Beason that Chase beat him out? Or was it a money thing.
    Injuries happened. Beason isn't fully recovered from a couple back to back bad injuries.

The Giant are gambling that Beason can recover and if he does, he is clearly a better player than Chase ever was. It is just a big "if" and when it comes to gambling on players with injury riddled pasts, we haven't been too lucky lately.

"It's hard to see another linebacker overtaking Mosley for the top spot. Like Luke Kuechly in 2012 and Patrick Willis in 2007, Mosley should go wire to wire as the best middle linebacker in the class. The question is whether or not he's as good as those two top 10 picks. As our preseason scouting report notes, Mosley is a do-it-all linebacker with athleticism and fast." sbnation.com

also from there:

2012 Stats: 66 tackles, 41 assisted tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 2 interceptions
    While everyone was talking about the leadership of Manti Te'o and the athleticism of Alec Ogletree, Alabama's C.J. Mosely was the best linebacker in college football in 2012. Playing in a star-studded defense, Mosley stood out on a weekly basis, showing he could do it all as a linebacker.

While Te'o took home the Butkus award, Mosley was a consensus first team All-American and should once again be among the best inside linebackers in the nation in 2013. In fact, his decision to return to school was one of the more puzzling moves of last draft season. He won a National Championship and appeared to be a lock to get drafted in the first half of round one. But Mosley will finish out his degree and add to his illustrious career. What else can he prove?

What he does well
    Mosley combines plus athleticism with snap anticipation to get a good beat on the ball on most plays. He's a fast linebacker with the ability to close on the football in a hurry and stop plays before they get started. From a technique standpoint, linebackers don't come much cleaner than Mosley. He rolls his hips well through contact, stays low when taking on blockers and sheds effectively to free himself up in the running game. That technique also allows him to use his explosive lower half to punish ball carriers, and he has proven to be a reliable wrap-up tackler.

In the NFL, a linebacker has to be able to do more than just run and hit. Coverage is an essential element of a linebacker's game. Mosley excels in this area, showing fluid hips and the ability to read quarterbacks' eyes in zone coverage. His four interceptions are evidence of that. His athleticism also flashes in coverage, as he has decent hands and body control.

What he needs to improve on
    Mosley has the size to play inside linebacker in the NFL, but he has the room to add more weight to his frame. The NFL requires a different level of strength, and there's no doubt Mosley will get there.

Another minor nitpick of Mosley's game is that he's not a well-rounded or consistent pass rusher. Blockers tend to get into his pads and he doesn't have much in the way of pass rush moves. While this isn't a major area of concern, if Mosley can improve his ability to get after the quarterback, he will be even more scheme versatile and valuable come draft time. He has the explosiveness and get off to be effective in this area.

Bottom line
    One of the most well-rounded prospects in the 2014 NFL Draft, Mosley will only be held back by positional value. Middle linebackers aren't usually picked in the top five of the NFL Draft, but he has the talent to sneak into the top 10. He's a well-rounded player that looks ready to contribute right away.

2012 Stats: 66 tackles, 41 assisted tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 2 interceptions
    While everyone was talking about the leadership of Manti Te'o and the athleticism of Alec Ogletree, Alabama's C.J. Mosely was the best linebacker in college football in 2012. Playing in a star-studded defense, Mosley stood out on a weekly basis, showing he could do it all as a linebacker.

While Te'o took home the Butkus award, Mosley was a consensus first team All-American and should once again be among the best inside linebackers in the nation in 2013. In fact, his decision to return to school was one of the more puzzling moves of last draft season. He won a National Championship and appeared to be a lock to get drafted in the first half of round one. But Mosley will finish out his degree and add to his illustrious career. What else can he prove?

What he does well
    Mosley combines plus athleticism with snap anticipation to get a good beat on the ball on most plays. He's a fast linebacker with the ability to close on the football in a hurry and stop plays before they get started. From a technique standpoint, linebackers don't come much cleaner than Mosley. He rolls his hips well through contact, stays low when taking on blockers and sheds effectively to free himself up in the running game. That technique also allows him to use his explosive lower half to punish ball carriers, and he has proven to be a reliable wrap-up tackler.

In the NFL, a linebacker has to be able to do more than just run and hit. Coverage is an essential element of a linebacker's game. Mosley excels in this area, showing fluid hips and the ability to read quarterbacks' eyes in zone coverage. His four interceptions are evidence of that. His athleticism also flashes in coverage, as he has decent hands and body control.

What he needs to improve on
    Mosley has the size to play inside linebacker in the NFL, but he has the room to add more weight to his frame. The NFL requires a different level of strength, and there's no doubt Mosley will get there.

Another minor nitpick of Mosley's game is that he's not a well-rounded or consistent pass rusher. Blockers tend to get into his pads and he doesn't have much in the way of pass rush moves. While this isn't a major area of concern, if Mosley can improve his ability to get after the quarterback, he will be even more scheme versatile and valuable come draft time. He has the explosiveness and get off to be effective in this area.

Bottom line
    One of the most well-rounded prospects in the 2014 NFL Draft, Mosley will only be held back by positional value. Middle linebackers aren't usually picked in the top five of the NFL Draft, but he has the talent to sneak into the top 10. He's a well-rounded player that looks ready to contribute right away.
    I like em alot as a prospect, but i'm not touching em in top10. Albeit, hes a safe pick and i mite change my mind down the line.There are so many possible special players that we could get this yr, and i don't think Mosley falls into that category. Clowney, Barr, Mariota, and Sammy Watkins are my guys. I'd add Mike Evans and Jake Mathews to the list ahead of him also. shoot, i might take Jason Verrett before him, as hes insanely good. I wasen't impressed with Bradley Roby last wk agianst Nwestern, but hes still really big and fast and talented and i'd take him over Mosley also..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-28-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Speaking of Jason Verrett, did anybody catch his performance against Oklahoma? He was sensational and i could easily see him over taking Roby as top CB in this class, even at his size , if he keeps playing like he has this entire season. Hes freaking fantastic!

I'd be estatic if we ended up with Javadeon Clowney and got another 1st, and snatched up Jason Verrett. Wow, that would be killer 1st rd. Now all of a sudden you got chips on defense to build with. JPP, Clowney, Verrett, Prince, Hankins..etc

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    and hopefully our name is on one of them,,I really am high an Barr, curious to see how his season ends.
    The only thing with Barr is that I feel he is more of a 3-4 OLB. If we grabbed him, where does he really fit in a 4-3?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    The only thing with Barr is that I feel he is more of a 3-4 OLB. If we grabbed him, where does he really fit in a 4-3?
    the new DC might run a 3-4

Like Max Bullogh better than Mosely

Veteran
    Mel Kiper just predicted the Giants would draft Mosley at 12. Although I don't think that makes sense if we're keeping Beason. But that's what he just said on the radio.

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl called Alabama senior LB C.J. Mosley a "flat out stud."

Mosley has "ELITE instincts and eyes," Wedil tweeted. "Vastly improved taking on blocks in tight quarters this year. Definition of alpha." Mosley did not attend the Senior Bowl, but he has transformed his game in the last two years, moving from a coverage based player to an all-around monster. Our own Josh Norris has compared him to Sean Lee.
    Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Mel Kiper just predicted the Giants would draft Mosley at 12. Although I don't think that makes sense if we're keeping Beason. But that's what he just said on the radio.
    I don't think Beason changes anything. Even at 28, he still comes with a big medical red flag.

I don't know all the ragging about Beason. He is still a leader as evidenced by his leadership role with the giants this year even after coming here partially into the season - that says something, while he was not the player he was, he certainly still plays at a high level and hopefully we resign him at the right price.

With that said, Mosley is certainly a good football player and pretty athletic, he is not top 10 and nowhere near Clowney. When GMs say he's the best prospect in 25 to 30 years, they're only saying that as a nod to LT and Bruce Smith. He might be the best defensive prospect ever but since he hadn't done anything yet and it's hard to compare his potential to the careers of two of the most disruptive defensive players I history who changed their positions in Smith and LT, they says best defensive prospect in 25 years.

So you're either insane or have been crushing up a Smarties and smoking them in your bong if you honk Mosley is greater than Mosely. He'll, Borland might turn out to be a better Mike than Mosley because he has that crazy football IQ like Kuechly. Mayock, who is arguably one of the best draft gurus out there, not like that *****hat Kiper, has high praise for Borland.

you don't pick Mosely, when you can get Van Noy, Shazier, Borland, or ask of I'm the 2nd or 3rd. Period.

Mosley has a bad medical history. He'll, he might fall out of the first round after he combine, Adrian Hubbard was considered top 25 in the look ahead to 2014 big board last year. Now Hubbard might be a fifth rounder,

+ Reply to Thread