+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: C J MOSLEY

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Don't get me wrong I think Mosley is a good player but I would not pick him in the top 5 ESPECIALLY if Clowney is available too. Clowney might not be a "leader" but he makes teams plan their entire offensive game plan around him. You can not pass up on that kind of talent. He is not a cancer, Spurrier knows that he is the best in the country and I'm sure he understands where Clowney is coming from by trying to protect himself. If Clowney was gone and we had a top 5 pick I would take Anthony Barr over Mosley. He is another game wrecker. I also like Mack from Buffalo too so there is a lot of options and Mosley would definitely not be out of the conversation if Clowney was indeed off the board.
    Thanks for not calling me a moron like someone else did in this post. I agree now that I was wrong - Mosley - by most experts isn't a top 5 pick but it seems like he's definitely going to be gone by 15. I truly believe more than anything that this team needs to fire PF and aquire a leader at the mike. That's why I think its critical to get a player like Mosley. A player like him at that position won't be there in later rounds. So I would say we should trade down to pick him up - here's some information I got about Mosley from a guy who has him rated above Barr for the reason stated below:

"I do like Mosley a lot, not sure if he'll be a top 5 pick this year but he's a guy who will def be a first rounder. Mosley and Barr are really different players. I see potential when I watch Barr; he doesn't have a ton of experience but he's got a high ceiling to get even better. Mosley is a smart and instinctive linebacker that is a leader and a proven playmaker. I thought he could have been a first round pick last year. In the end, I would go the safer route and rate the proven talent ahead of the player with a high ceiling. Not to take anything away from Barr, I have high grades on him too, but I have Mosley graded a little higher. Thanks for reading!"

-Clint Clearwater
    NFL Draft Director and Senior Writer
    thefootballexpert.com

Barr and Mosley also dont play the same position at all.

Barr is a 3-4 OLB, or a 4-3 DE (maybe a SAM in an under front)

Mosley is pure LB, in the mold of perhaps a Lavonte David.

Barr is in that list of special players in terms of pure explosion. Barr, Clowney, Shazier are the 3 I would say are special physically.

I do like Mosley, but is he the prospect Kuechly, or Willis were? Id have to say no. Watching him, I think Mosley is more of a late first kind of guy. 20 is about as high as I would consider taking him.

Veteran
    Here's a great video on Mosley. IMO he's someone I could build a defense around. Of course - I'm old school and maybe over-rate the importance of the mike too much.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqjIaOSXmE

from the bama lighthouse in review of ole miss game:

"Greatest American Hero: Who doesnít love CJ Mosley after this game? The only thing missing from his Superman performance was a cape because the dude did everything you could ask of him and more. One of my favorite plays Iíll ever remember will be the fourth down pass that he swatted away near the Bama goal line. The play itself was routine but the fact that it was coming only seconds after he was pile driven into the ground looooong after the whistle blew is what makes the play so special. To hear Trey DePriest tell it, Mosley went loco after the mauling (and, honestly, the entire stadium did because it was the most obvious flagrant and very personal foul ever committed). How he was able to keep his wits about him and actually play his coverage and do his job is amazing. Mosley is a once in a generation type of defender and itís no wonder Nick Saban is so giddy when he talks about him."

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Mosley is a nice player absolutely but he is not the explosive playmaker those guys are
    I agree. Hes a good prospect, but people are getting carried away with the top 10 stuff. Is he really any better then Sean Weatherspoon was?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Barr and Mosley also dont play the same position at all.

Barr is a 3-4 OLB, or a 4-3 DE (maybe a SAM in an under front)

Mosley is pure LB, in the mold of perhaps a Lavonte David.

Barr is in that list of special players in terms of pure explosion. Barr, Clowney, Shazier are the 3 I would say are special physically.

I do like Mosley, but is he the prospect Kuechly, or Willis were? Id have to say no. Watching him, I think Mosley is more of a late first kind of guy. 20 is about as high as I would consider taking him.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree. Hes a good prospect, but people are getting carried away with the top 10 stuff. Is he really any better then Sean Weatherspoon was?
    If we are picking that high I will be upset if we dont end up with an elite playmaker. Clowney,Barr, Roby I want someone like that. I would be tempted to take Mack over him as well. Although I havent seen nearly as much on Mack
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-08-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Weatherspoon's weak side linebacker who was projected to go late first or second. Anyway - I don't know - but I doubt he ever had an article like this written about him:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/1...eadership-and/

Veteran
    plus factor in that C J Mosley's an SEC linebacker - Weatherspoon at Missouri - Big Twelve back then

I'm not going to get started on this SEC LBs are better thing. But they aren't.

Is Jon Beason a leader?