+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Player vs Player Giants/Falcons Comparison

Figured with the game right around the corner, I'd post a player by player comparison and see how the rest of you guys feel, maybe it'd give us some insight into Sundays game. I'll start it off with the QB and RB position, and then whoever wants can do whatever player vs player you'd like.

QB Manning vs. Ryan

Although Ryan is a solid, good QB, I don't know if I can give him the edge over Eli. Nor do I think I'd consider it a draw. Ryan is young, and from what I've seen from him, he can make all the throws.
    That said, I feel Eli can do anything Ryan can do, but his clutch ability puts him over the top. Eli has shown remarkable pocket presence this season, and has been exceptionally accurate. Clutchness aside, I still feel Eli has been more accurate not only on the long ball, where he is statistically the best, but on the short to intermediate routes. He's leading the WR's into space. I also feel Eli has a stronger arm. Plus, Ryan is 0-2 in the playoffs, and while Eli is 4-3 and has struggled in the playoffs except in 2007, he still has gotten it done before. (Keep in mind, while I am trying to be objective, I'm a huge Eli homer.)
    Edge: Eli Manning

RB Turner vs. Jacobs/Bradshaw

I have to give the edge to Turner here. He is almost a combination of what Jacobs and Bradshaw do. He can be a power back, but he can also be deceptively quick and elusive. Statistically he is superior as well, by a lot. But, you have to consider that Jacobs/Bradshaw are a duo, and as a unit, I feel two heads are better than one. Still though, with our run game struggling, I have to give the nod to Turner, even though he has somewhat struggled in the last quarter of the season.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

Re: Player vs Player Giants/Falcons Comparison

Ryan vs. Giants' ferocious pass rush.
    Game over. Giants Win

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Ryan vs. Giants' ferocious pass rush.
    Game over. Giants Win[/quote]

not exactly what I was looking for but ok. How would you break down

JPP vs Abraham

I believe the old saying "game is won in the trenches". If that's the case, I would like to think the Giants have the edge.

Secondaries. I believe they are probably even. Only because the Giants sometimes seem confused in the secondary.

For some reason, I cannot see Turner getting his runs on the Giants.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Ryan vs. Giants' ferocious pass rush.

JPP vs Abraham[/quote]

16.5 sacks, 86 sacks and at least 1 blocked FG vs. 9.5 sacks, 35 tackles

JPP- relentless motor, gets after the QB, RB, WR, even the Field Goal kicker. Whoever has the football, JPP is coming for you all 60 minutes.

Abraham- I only remeber him when he was playing as a Jet, which was a while ago. So at least a decent pass rusher...

[quote user="giantsfan420"]
    QB Manning vs. Ryan

Although Ryan is a solid, good QB, I don't know if I can give him the edge over Eli. Nor do I think I'd consider it a draw. Ryan is young, and from what I've seen from him, he can make all the throws.
    That said, I feel Eli can do anything Ryan can do, but his clutch ability puts him over the top. Eli has shown remarkable pocket presence this season, and has been exceptionally accurate. Clutchness aside, I still feel Eli has been more accurate not only on the long ball, where he is statistically the best, but on the short to intermediate routes. He's leading the WR's into space. I also feel Eli has a stronger arm. (Keep in mind, while I am trying to be objective, I'm a huge Eli homer.)

[/quote]Almost agree. I give Ryan the edge in the intermediate route range and accuracy, but I give an extremely (can't stress this enough) huge edge to Eli in the deep passing department. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Ryan is one of the worst deep passers I have seen in a while. I'd also say it is a tie in terms of clutch performances. They are both extremely capable and fairly even in my mind. Ryan had 6 4QC and GWD last year just as Eli did this year.

Overall edge though, Eli.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="giantsfan420"]
    QB Manning vs. Ryan

That said, I feel Eli can do anything Ryan can do, but his clutch ability puts him over the top. Eli has shown remarkable pocket presence this season, and has been exceptionally accurate. Clutchness aside, I still feel Eli has been more accurate not only on the long ball, where he is statistically the best, but on the short to intermediate routes. He's leading the WR's into space. I also feel Eli has a stronger arm. (Keep in mind, while I am trying to be objective, I'm a huge Eli homer.)

[/quote]Almost agree. I give Ryan the edge in the intermediate route range and accuracy, but I give an extremely (can't stress this enough) huge edge to Eli in the deep passing department. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Ryan is one of the worst deep passers I have seen in a while. I'd also say it is a tie in terms of clutch performances. They are both extremely capable and fairly even in my mind. Ryan had 6 4QC and GWD last year just as Eli did this year.

Overall edge though, Eli.[/quote]

def. can see where ur coming from. i'd agree that short to intermediate range Ryan is good, and Eli prior to this year wouldn't match him. But this year, it seems like every pass Eli is right on the money. Even his drop back seems quicker and more efficient.

I really respect your player analysis. Care to take one on? Like maybe Roddy White vs Nicks or JPP vs Abraham? Anyone actually.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Ryan vs. Giants' ferocious pass rush.

JPP vs Abraham[/quote]

16.5 sacks, 86 sacks and at least 1 blocked FG vs. 9.5 sacks, 35 tackles

JPP- relentless motor, gets after the QB, RB, WR, even the Field Goal kicker. Whoever has the football, JPP is coming for you all 60 minutes.

Abraham- I only remeber him when he was playing as a Jet, which was a while ago. So at least a decent pass rusher...[/quote]

nice. thank you. anyone else want to take on a player vs player matchup? Nicks vs White, Cruz vs Jones, Webster vs Grimes, etc. etc.

edit- I'll try and focus on Abraham

Has a terrific bull rush move, he lines up as the defensive RE, but can also move around and play LE. He has a quick burst off the line. He also likes to try and strip the ball from the QB. He had a 3 sack game vs Jax, and although Jax has struggled, Abraham played like a man possessed. If he isn't double teamed or chipped, Abraham can eat up 1 on 1 matchups.

I don't know, Abraham has the experience, and definitely has talent. But based on this year alone, what JPP has done is phenomenal.

Edge: JPP

Full backs:

I believe the Falcons fullback is injured and very much missed.
    Hynoski (Hynocerus) is really coming along strong. He is starting to look like his highlight film from college

[quote user="Breezely"]Full backs:

I believe the Falcons fullback is injured and very much missed.
    Hynoski (Hynocerus) is really coming along strong. He is starting to look like his highlight film from college[/quote]

agreed about Hynoski. He's displaying his hands, but also it seems he's not trying to do as much and just focus on his block and technique, which seems to have helped tremendously. I remember after a game he did will, he said before he was trying to do too much and he was overwhelmed, and that when he just focused on his job and his block, he was able to be more successful.

Don't know who to give the edge to, I think the Falcons actually have a very good fb, like a guy name Maluluga or something. Not sure, can't give an edge on way or the other.