+ Reply to Thread

Just watched the 2nd half of the Dallas/Denver Game....bad coaching

I heard the game on the radio, sort of, but I had recorded it and I just watched it.

After that last interception, I really think that at some point early in that whole sequence the Cowboys should have let Denver score. Other than the interception, they were able to move the ball, and instead, they exhausted their timeouts (they had all 3) and let Denver run the clock out.

I think conceding the 7 and trying to tie and play in OT was their best option.

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    I heard the game on the radio, sort of, but I had recorded it and I just watched it.

After that last interception, I really think that at some point early in that whole sequence the Cowboys should have let Denver score. Other than the interception, they were able to move the ball, and instead, they exhausted their timeouts (they had all 3) and let Denver run the clock out.

I think conceding the 7 and trying to tie and play in OT was their best option.
    I harped on it, too, quite a bit.

I think they did the right thing by trying to hold them to a FG at first. But when it became apparent they would score, they should have just let them.

The problem is, Denver didn't want to score a TD. I haven't seen the quote myself, but I've heard/read that Peyton told Knowshon NOT to score.

The real crime was not milking the clock by running a balanced attack on our last drive. They just got way too pass happy, played right into the adjustments Denver made. Our team does not know how to run an effective 4 minute drill (which in essence that would've been-- 3 TOs left for both teams IIRC 2 minute warning, 2:30 to go).