+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1:00 game fans vs 8:20 game fans

First I'm very excited to see a Giant Playoff game. I will not be there but I notice our 1:00 games we haven't played our best.

Tom Coughlin thanked the 12th man this week for really showing support.

When we have night games I notice the fans are younger, drunker, and louder then fans who attend games at 1:00 who are usually older, have had season tickets since the beginning of time and usually are quieter, more reserved and sit back like its an opera.

Will the 12th man be at home watching the game rather than in the cold barren stadium?

Will this have an impact this weekend?

Re: 1:00 game fans vs 8:20 game fans

If they can't get excited for a playoff game, I don't know what to say, honestly.

I was at the playoff game a few years ago against the Eagirls and the stadium was very quiet and the old guy next to me wouldn't let me get up and yell, as if I was annoying them.

[quote user="Bones911"]First I'm very excited to see a Giant Playoff game. I will not be there but I notice our 1:00 games we haven't played our best. Tom Coughlin thanked the 12th man this week for really showing support. When we have night games I notice the fans are younger, drunker, and louder then fans who attend games at 1:00 who are usually older, have had season tickets since the beginning of time and usually are quieter, more reserved and sit back like its an opera. Will the 12th man be at home watching the game rather than in the cold barren stadium? Will this have an impact this weekend?[/quote]No
    No one remembers who came in second.

a lot of season ticket holders didnt take their tickets or are putting them on stubhub so im hoping that helps

btw, how ridiculous is it that we have to hope our season ticket holders dont go to playoff games so the place can be loud?

Veteran

[quote user="Bones911"]I was at the playoff game a few years ago against the Eagirls and the stadium was very quiet and the old guy next to me wouldn't let me get up and yell, as if I was annoying them.[/quote]Wouldn't let you? Tell the old man to piss off, go die in a corner somewhere, chug a beer, smash it over his head, and keep screaming man!

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]a lot of season ticket holders didnt take their tickets or are putting them on stubhub so im hoping that helps

btw, how ridiculous is it that we have to hope our season ticket holders dont go to playoff games so the place can be loud?
    [/quote]Are you a season ticket holder?
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="TrueBlue07"]a lot of season ticket holders didnt take their tickets or are putting them on stubhub so im hoping that helps

[/quote]Are you a season ticket holder?[/quote]

Nope, wasn't able to make that "great investment" in a PSL.

The fans definitely look more energetic at night games. That being said, the Giants usually make fools out of themselves when they have a national audience.

[quote user="Itlan"][quote user="Bones911"]I was at the playoff game a few years ago against the Eagirls and the stadium was very quiet and the old guy next to me wouldn't let me get up and yell, as if I was annoying them.[/quote]Wouldn't let you? Tell the old man to piss off, go die in a corner somewhere, chug a beer, smash it over his head, and keep screaming man![/quote]

I was once told to sit down while cheering for the first pitch at a Yankee playoff game at the new place....but the atmosphere there sucks now too