+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahmad Bradshaw will have season ending neck surgery.

Poor guy, good luck Ahmad.

Rare to find anyone in the league as tough as him, shame hes only 27.

First off I hope he doesn't have to retire, but I hope he puts his long term health first, secondly if he has to retire I hope we can at least resign him to a 1 day deal so he can retire properly, he also needs to be a part of this organization in some facet.

Veteran
    I have been saying this since the end of last season. I really hope he retires before he does irreversible damage to his body and lands himself in a wheelchair before he's 40.

He's a warrior, and played with injuries throughout his career that most other players wouldn't have played with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Assuming the neck injury heals, he'll still only be 28 next spring with practically 2 years of rest on those feet.

Hoping its not it for him.
    He'll be the oldest 28 in the NFL.

It's time he gets on with his post-football life. His heart was tougher than any human body could handle.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Little bit of info

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-neck/2947301/

It isn't known for certain when the injury occurred, but he temporarily left that game after the second play of the second quarter following a 1-yard run. He got to his feet, then went back to the ground. He eventually walked off the field under his own power.

On the sideline, trainers worked on Bradshaw's left shoulder. He returned to the game and finished with a game-high 95 yards and one touchdown on 19 carries.

Bradshaw hadn't practiced or played since.

It would be the second season-ending injury to the Colts' running backs as Vick Ballard, last season's leading rusher, was lost for the season due to a knee injury in practice Sept. 12.

This isn't Bradshaw's first neck injury. In the New York Giants' second game of the 2012 season, Bradshaw suffered a disk injury that forced him to miss the next game. He played the final 14 games for the Giants and finished with 1,015 yards and six touchdowns on 221 rushing attempts.
    "After the game that they had to surgically remove Lawrence Taylor's helmet from my chest." --Pat Hayden, former NFL Quarterback, on when he decided to retire

Sorry to hear that about AB.

All-Pro
    Toughest guy in the league. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to come back. He will always be a Giant.

WHen I heard this I honestly thought it could mean the giants are in his future. Next year the giants are not going to draft a running back. So getting bradshaw back makes sense. Since we really have 0 quality running backs at this point. He also did punt and kick returning.

+ Reply to Thread