+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Escalator Question

Cool Escalator Question

What's up with not opening both escalators from the third level at the conclusion of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Bulls View Post
    What's up with not opening both escalators from the third level at the conclusion of the game?
    I think it has to do with the massive amount of people hitting the escalators at the end of the game. I think if you opened up both, you'd have a log-jam at the mezzanine level. Kind of like control access. As much as I like the new stadium, the people flow sucks for the mezzanine and the Upper deck guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Bulls View Post
    it has to do with metlife stadium being the worst New stadium built and having the worst people flow of any new stadium i have been at.

Quote Originally Posted by LTcrack View Post
    it has to do with metlife stadium being the worst New stadium built and having the worst people flow of any new stadium i have been at.
    Respectfully disagree.

I love metlife.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

They could fix the flow problem by adding some additional escalators. The old stadium had express escalators to each level, now they are using a combined escalator system, which feeds all levels. By adding express escalators outside of the stadium to the First and Second Levels, the interior existing escalators can be solely used for the Upper Tier Seats. The stadium is much taller than the old place and the options of getting an express escalator to the upper level is cost prohibative. It is very do-able, my guess under $35 Million. I figure 8 per the 3 corner Gates / Entrances. Pepsi, Verizon and SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Blue View Post
    They could fix the flow problem by adding some additional escalators. The old stadium had express escalators to each level, now they are using a combined escalator system, which feeds all levels. By adding express escalators outside of the stadium to the First and Second Levels, the interior existing escalators can be solely used for the Upper Tier Seats. The stadium is much taller than the old place and the options of getting an express escalator to the upper level is cost prohibative. It is very do-able, my guess under $35 Million. I figure 8 per the 3 corner Gates / Entrances. Pepsi, Verizon and SAP
    Is it really that bad after games? I usually hang out for about 20 minutes after the games anyways.. Never really had a problem with getting out.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Lets put it this way....this is the 4th season that the stadium is open....I have not left the stadium from my seats the same way twice. Escalators are jammed, stairs get jammed as you get to the 5th level, the cattle ramps are cramped. Its rough. At the very least they could put the railings up between the escalator entrances and fence off the area so that one escalator is for the fans coming from the 300 level and the other escalator for those on the 200 level, and the same for the escalator from the 100 level to the ground. Again, that is the VERY least they should do instead of closing off one of the two escalators. It may ease the bottle-necking from heavy merges.

+ Reply to Thread