+ Reply to Thread

A Healthy NYG DL is gonna make our D NASTY/we're going to the NFC Champ. Game

our DL has only played in a few games completely healthy. one was verse NE, another was against Dallas. tuck jpp osi and kiwi were ALL OVER TOM BRADY. our DL held NE SCORELESS thru the first half, the first time in like 8 years thats happened to them. We also held Tony Romo scoreless thru the first half. Why? our DL was ALL OVER THE QB. it was relentless. it threw brady and romo completely off there games. i dont think even the mighty rodgers, who will have not played a game in 3 weeks, will be able to handle it. Tom Brady, arguably the best qb of our generation and maybe top 3 in history couldnt handle it, i don't see ryan being able to at all.

With Atlanta's issues at LT, i dont know how they plan on stopping our DL from destroying ryan. our secondary played excellent when we had our full front four de's healthy. its gonna be hard for atlanta to challenge our secondary when we got 4 pro bowl/all pro quality pass rushers attacking him...good luck with that. if brady and romo, the only two qb's who've had to face a healthy giants DL, which we finally have again now, were completely held in check and constantly sacked/hit/pressured into errant throws. i dont think ryan is as good as either qb and not as mobile as romo who escaped a bunch of sacks too.

its gonna be fun watching this DL and Eli get us deep into the playoffs. im calling it right now, giants make it to the nfc championship game...

Re: A Healthy NYG DL is gonna make our D NASTY/we're going to the NFC Champ. Game

Atlanta has an answer for that pass rush though that the other teams lacked: A running game.

Turner and Snelling are a pretty good combo at RB and if they can average somewhere around 4-6 ypc, we could be in for a long day that'll set up everything else. The real key to allowing our pass rush to "go all out" is for our offense to score TD's early and fast. If we can get a 14+ point lead over the Falcons, we'll see less of Turner and Snelling and more deep pass attempts to Roddy and Julio.

Now that I think about it, the DeMarco Murray injury might of been a huge blessing for us going into the playoffs and one of the bigger reasons we are talking about this upcoming game instead of firing TC, Gilbride, and Fewell. It kept the Cowboys pretty one dimensional and forced them to play football that we like to see.

I think we win this game too but I'm just not sure about the Packers game yet. Don't forget that their defense can get hot like they did last year.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Re: A Healthy NYG DL is gonna make our D NASTY/we're going to the NFC Champ. Game

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Atlanta has an answer for that pass rush though that the other teams lacked: A running game.

Turner and Snelling are a pretty good combo at RB and if they can average somewhere around 4-6 ypc, we could be in for a long day that'll set up everything else. The real key to allowing our pass rush to "go all out" is for our offense to score TD's early and fast. If we can get a 14+ point lead over the Falcons, we'll see less of Turner and Snelling and more deep pass attempts to Roddy and Julio.

Now that I think about it, the DeMarco Murray injury might of been a huge blessing for us going into the playoffs and one of the bigger reasons we are talking about this upcoming game instead of firing TC, Gilbride, and Fewell. It kept the Cowboys pretty one dimensional and forced them to play football that we like to see.

I think we win this game too but I'm just not sure about the Packers game yet. Don't forget that their defense can get hot like they did last year.[/quote]

agreed with everything u just said...but i think our run d is best suited for a "power" attack as opposed to a finesse attack like mccoy. think about the games we've struggled vs the run, we had defenders in perfect position to make a tackle, but mccoy as an example, cut back and made our guy look silly. turner doesnt have that juke move ability and he isnt necessarily quick.
    even if they do avg 4 yds, they'll have to completely avoid 3rd and 6+ yards, i dont know no team that can avoit that situation constantly. your gonna face 3rd and longs at least once or twice on a drive.

and i think 10 points would be enough for them to start passing more but yeah id love to go up 14 points early.

theres no way atlantas run game completely avoids passing the ball, they're going to have to no matter what unless we're down by two scores.

no turnovers, eli plays like he did vs dallas, we're golden. i just feel real strongly about this DL, we haven't seen it much at all this season, so its really an unknown. im just making a prediction that its going to completely throw off opposing qb's...brees might be the exception and maybe rodgers too...but both teams LOVE to pass, and they didnt play us when we had our DL. we should have beat GB had it not been horrendous officiating.

i love our chances. i truly do.